Mundie Moms

Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Ten Wishes I'd Ask A Book Genie For / Top Ten Tuesday #40



Hello & welcome to this week's Top Ten Tuesday. This week's topic is Ten Wishes I'd Ask A Book Genie For. My last Top Ten Tuesday post was, Ten Books To Read If You Like These Popular Books/Authors.

Image found via Google, image credit to Getty Images

Dear Book Genie,

For the sake of pretending, I'm going to pretend you really do exist. If you did, I would love to inquire about the 10 wishes you grant all readers. While each of our wishes may differ, just slightly, these are the 10 wishes I would kindly ask you for. Dear Book Genie, please grant my following 10 wishes: 

1) A never ending supply of books
Sure I may have a 'book collecting' problem, well some call it a problem, I call it book preservation, but as you know, one can never have too many books.

2) Endless Shelf Space
An ending supply of books would require endless shelf space. Is wishing for shelves like the ones Belle has in library, you know from Disney's Beauty & the Beast, to much to wish for?

3) The ability to visit any book's world
Instead of having a closet to Narnia, I'd love to love the ability to open a book's cover, and leap right into it. Of course that would also mean I'd need a way out, so maybe we'll combine two wishes in this one. 

4) The ability to read ALL night long and not be tired the next day
We all know getting old sucks, but so does the inability to stay up all night and read, and be co-herent the next day. The ability to stay up all night and read, and still be able to function the next day would be amazing. 

5) The ability to read more than one book a day
Just think of how much smaller my never ending TBR bookshelves would be if I could more than one book a day. I'd have room for more books! 

6) The ability to decipher if a book is for me, before purchasing it
I swear I could save time and money on books if I could just run my hand over the cover of a book and know if the book was for me, or one I should leave on the book store shelves.

7) Bringing a character or characters to life for a day, or two, or who's counting
There are so many amazing book characters I would love to spend the day with. Or maybe a few days with. In fact, I may have to add "and their authors" to this wish, because there are a lot of fabulous authors I'd love to spend the day with too.

8) Attending all the book events 
There's this thing that book readers love to do, and that's attend bookish events where we can all hang out and discuss our love of books. Could you please grant my wish of being able to teleport to bookish events through the world, so that I never have to miss seeing my favorite authors, and hanging out with my bookish friends?

9) Getting Books To All Those Who Don't Have Any
Books are a powerful thing, and getting books into the hands of readers, and those who don't yet know they are readers, through out the world, would be  one the most amazing wishes you could grant. Books are one of the best gifts, and can make even the loneliest person feel like they're not alone. 

10) Giving Everyone The Power To Read
Book Genie, my last wish would be to grant the ability to read to all those who struggle with reading, and those who can't read. They deserve to be empowered by the ability to read, and feel empowered by what they read. 


Thank you Book Genie for approving my 10 Book Wishes. I'll except wish #4 to be granted immediately so that I can function in a mere few hours when I should be getting up from a restful sleep, but instead I'm still up reading. 

Signed,
Me


I'd love to know! What are some book wishes you'd ask your Book Genie for? 


6 comments:

  1. Nice! Yay for #4! I chose that one too!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these - wish I thought of them too!
    Endless Shelf Space
    The ability to visit any book's world
    Getting Books To All Those Who Don't Have Any

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why, oh WHY didn't I ask for a never-ending supply of books?! What an oversight! I like that you thought of others with your wishes...I seem to have been more concerned with making the genie hot, lol. Great list!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw :D This post is gorgeous Katie. <3 Love love love your wishes. I agree with just about all of them ;) Thank you for sharing sweet girl. <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Attend all book events!! That one is genius!! Great list!

    Check out our TTT

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the sound of this book! I like the idea of trying to get books to others who can't receive them and giving everyone the power of reading, and hopefully the power to like it too!

    ReplyDelete

Labels