Mundie Moms

Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Ten Books from My Childhood/Teen Years I'd Like To Revisit; Top Ten Tuesday #25


This weekly meme is hosted by The Broke & the Bookish

Hello & welcome to this week's Top Ten Tuesday. Today's topic is, Ten Books from My Childhood/Teen Years I'd Like To Revisit. Last week's topic was, Ten Books on My Spring TBR List. 

If I had a fraction of the children's books/middle grade books to read from back when I was pre-teen, I don't think I would be able to narrow down this list. We didn't have YA or MG back in my day. We had The Babysitter's Club, Little House on the Prairie, Choose Your Own Adventure Book, American Girl Doll (which was just coming out), Sweet Valley High, Goosebumps, and Stephen King books all lumped together. Back then, the cool kids read Stephen King, or at least you checked his book out, because let's be honest, the majority of our 5th and 6th graders were to chicken to read his books.

Today's list feature books from my pre-teen years that I loved reading. These are the first books that popped into my head, and are in no order. I read there's any where from 3rd-6th grade. 




  1. Charlotte's Web by E.B. White - This was one of my all time favorite children's books. 
  2. The Babysitters Club (series) by Ann Martin -  This series was HUGE when I was in elementary school. I still have a couple of my books.
  3. The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe by C. S. Lewis - I read this book in third grade, and I have loved it ever since. 
  4. Sweet Valley High (series) by Francine Pascals - This was another huge series that everyone read.
  5. The Little House on The Prairie (series) by Laura Ingalls Wilder - This is another series everyone loved reading.
  6. The BFG by Roald Dahl - Roald Dahl books were a huge part of growing up years.
  7. Ramona Quimby, Age 8 by Beverly Cleary - This was another very popular book when I was growing up.
  8. The Nancy Drew series by Carolyn Keene - I swear this is a timeless classic.
  9. Hatchet by Gary Paulsen - He was one of the first authors I got to meet when I was in middle school. I still have my signed Hatchet book.
  10. The Indian In the Cupboard by Lynne Reid Banks  - This was mandatory reading book, and one I hated because it was mandatory, but I secretly enjoyed reading it. lol 
  11. The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton - I can't make a list and not included this book. I don't think I need to say anything about this book. We read it in class, and then watched the movie *sigh* 
What are some of your favorite childhood-pre-teen reading reads?

1 comment:

  1. These are great! I've never read Hatchett, the title always scared me. I really don't know why I didn't include Charlotte's Web on my list since it's the reason I've been a vegetarian since I was 7 years old. The Baby-Sitters Club and Sweet Valley High are on my list, too. One of the highlights of my life was when I met S.E. Hinton. She is SO nice. I met her at BEA, she was sitting by herself at a table by The University of Oklahoma Press and my we went up to her (we were apparently the only ones who know who she was) and said hi. She let us sit at the table and chat with her for a while, which was awesome. I would have put The Outsiders on my list, but I didn't actually read it until I was an adult. Great list!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete

Labels