Mundie Moms

Sunday, May 4, 2014

The City of Lost Souls Read-A-Long: Chapter 3


Hello & welcome to day #3 of our City of Lost Souls Read-A-Long. You can find out more about the read along and find the schedule here. There is no right or wrong way to participate. Your comments can be as long or as short as you'd like them to be. 

Today's discussion is about the Chapter 3: Bad Angels
  • Poor Simon. My heart totally breaks for him with how his mom is treating him. I was both surprised, and admired Jordan and Maia for confronting Simon about what's going on. At least he knows they care about him. Do you think Simon will heed their advice and contact his sister? What do you think his sister's reaction to everything will be?
  • So.... Jace and Sebastian. I'm shocked to see the two of them together, and even more surprised that Clary didn't make herself known to them in the library, though I understand why she didn't. What do you think Jace knew she was there? What do think is going on with Jace and Sebastian?
  • Alec and Magnus. I'm started to get a little ticked at Alec for the way he's treating Magnus. Magnus has always been a favorite character of mine, and my heart has always broken for him in the sense that Magnus will know more about love and loss than most characters in both this series and the TID one, considering he's immortal. Why do you feel Alec is stuck on Magnus's past loves, and he being immortal. Magnus can't change who he is. D o you think he's justified in feeling that way and treating Magnus the way he is right now? 
Please DO NOT POST SPOILERS. There's some fans who are joining the read-a-long who are reading Clockwork Prince for the first time. 

3 comments:

  1. I've yet to start this series. It doesn't really pull me in to to make it a must for me to read it but eventually I will. It does seem interesting enough though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simon is so hurt about his mom's reaction to his being a vampire. It's heartbreaking! I hope he heeds their advice, and I'm hoping that Simon's sister Becky will have an open mind.
    I thought that the scene in the library was out of character for all involved. I can't believe that Clary didn't confront them because at that point she was stealing the fairy rings in order to get help from the Seelie Queen to find Jace. It doesn't make sense to me, really.
    Alec is immature. I like Magnus, too, and I don't know how he puts up with Alec. Alec has never been a favorite of mine because of his selfish ways, especially how he treated Clary earlier in the series. I think Alec believes that he's just one of many Magnus has loved, and I also think he's more concerned with the future than with the past, but as they say, past history predicts future results.

    ReplyDelete
  3. First bullet - skipping.
    As for Jace and Sebastian, Clary has a deep seeded hate of her brother for who and what he is but deeper still there is a greater fear of him she still needs to overcome.
    Alec is super vulnerble with all that has happened recently in his life, Max's death, his parents turmoil, coming out and being somewhat in the spot light for it which is not a comfortable place for him. With all this vulnerability people are taking advantage of him and toying with him to toy with others. He is the significant pawn right now. If Alec were a little more open and honest then Magnus would see and know what was happening and not just jump to conclusions. Yet it is Alec's immaturity that drives him to hold everything inward. Just one of those life/trust lesson.

    ReplyDelete

Labels