Mundie Moms

Friday, January 31, 2014

RUN TO YOU (Part 2: Second Glance) by Clara Kensie, Book Review



By: Clara Kensie
Published by: Harlequin Teen
To Be Released on: February 8th, 2014
Series: Run To You (Part Two)
Source: e-arc from publisher to review
Rating: 5 Stars - I Loved It!
Pre-Order from: Amazon | Barnes & Noble
Add it to Goodreads

Part Two in the riveting romantic thriller about a family on the run from a deadly past and a first love that will transcend secrets, lies and danger…

Tessa Carson has unlocked her heart and her secrets to Tristan Walker—but Tristan has secrets of his own, and his might just mean the end of Tessa’s family. Unaware, Tessa embraces falling in love and being herself for the first time since she was attacked when she was only eight years old. But secrets can’t be run from forever, and sometimes love is too good to be true…


A thrilling, and dangerous sequel, Second Glance picks up right where First Sight ended. Now that we've gotten a small dose of what Kensie's writing style is like with Part One: First Sight, she doesn't hold back with Part Two: Second Glance. She amps up the action, danger, secrets and romance. Unlike part one, this one has one heck of a heartbreaking betrayal that definitely turns everything I thought I had figured out, upside down. I figured things would lead into this direction, I just wasn't excerpting everything that happened, and the way it did.

Tessa finally feels free. For the first time in her life she can finally let her guard down a little bit, and be herself with Tristan. Not only that, for the first time she's allowed to go do some normal teenage things, like attend her school's Winter dance. All good things only seem to last so long. Tristan has a secret, and his secret is about to destroy everything Tessa has so carefully guarded. Gah, Tristan. I knew it! That still doesn't make the truths that get revealed any easier. I still think there's more to him than we're seeing. Like Tessa, now I'm totally torn with him. 

Talk about gut wrenching, and thrilling. This sequel has all that, and then some. I love it when I think I have something figured out, and then find out that now I have no idea who I can trust. Now I get what Tessa is feeling. Like Tessa, now I have no idea what to believe. Now throw in a broken heart on top of that, and you've got yourself one heck of an exciting read. I'm loving the direction this story is going in. This story is definitely getting better and better with each installment, and I'm loving Kensie's writing style. 

This is definitely worth taking the time to read! Read my review for Part 1 here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels