Mundie Moms

Saturday, August 17, 2013

CBS SUNDAY MORNING to Feature Cassie THIS SUNDAY!!


I am so excited about this! CBS has been following Cassie around since BEA, as part of their feature airing TOMORROW! They've filmed her and interviewed fans at Simon & Schuster's BEA movie party, Comic Con, and the Red Carpet. Having also been at these events they were at, and watching them film, I can't wait to see what they put together. I am so thrilled they're featuring Cassie. It's long over due and so deserving.

Per BWWWTVWORLD's site:
Bestselling young adult author Cassandra Clare says she writes books that she would have read as a teenager in an interview with Serena Altschul for CBSSUNDAY MORNING WITH CHARLES OSGOOD to broadcast August 18, 2013 (9:00 AM, ET) on the CBSTelevision Network.

"I think I'm writing for, like, the imaginary me," Clare tells Altschul. "You know, like, I'm writing the book that I would have wanted when I was 17 years old."

Clare's books have been translated into more than 30 languages and there are more than 24 million of them in print today. On August 21, 2013, a movie version of her novel City of Bones is set to hit theaters.

Clare, whose real name is Judy Rumelt, started writing City of Bones in a tiny Brooklyn closet that served as her bedroom. She worked at the Hollywood Reporter during the day and wrote the novel when she was off. The inspiration for her first book came from walking around New York City after the Sept. 11th terrorist attacks, she tells Altschul.

"It felt like New York was at war," she says. "And I remember thinking... how I kind of wished there was a magical race of people who could protect the city. You know? And I think that was where I got the first idea of maybe I could create a world in which there were these - sort of - Supernatural protectors."

Eight books later, she now lives in Massachusetts with her husband and three cats. When she's not writing, she designs dresses, she tells Altschul.

"I write every day, and I write to a word count, usually," she tells Altschul. "And then only when I'm done with the words can I, like, knock off and do whatever I would do with my life."
Altschul's interview with Clare will be broadcast August 18, 2013. CBS SUNDAY MORNING is broadcast Sundays (9:00 AM, ET) on the CBS Television Network. Rand Morrison is the executive producer.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels