Mundie Moms

Saturday, June 15, 2013

A Glimpse Into Cassie's Writing Retreat

Spoonhenge from Cassie's tumblr

From Cassie's tumblr, a little glimpse into her writing retreat with Sarah Rees Brennan, Maureen Johnson, Kelly Link and Jennifer Lynn Barnes.

I was sitting on the sofa writing a Bane Chronicle. (The Last Stand of the New York Institute.) I intended never to go outside again.
A seagull has pooped on my face twice in the last three days.
It’s not safe outside.
(Several theories: 1. Seagulls are soulgulls. They want my soul and 2. The wereseagull has marked me for his bride.)
Then Maureen came in, her face uplifted.
MAUREEN: I have recreated Stonehenge.
FRIENDS: Why would you do this?
MAUREEN: FOR ENGLAND!
FRIENDS: … oh.
MAUREEN: But… it is entirely made of spoons.
MAUREEN: I call it… Spoonhenge.
Reader, I went outside
I love these moments where we see their creativity at work. Does anyone remember when Cassie and Holly found that giant worm which was eventually the inspiration behind the infamous Lightworm scene in Clockwork Princess?  You never know in which book Spoonhenge may end up.

2 comments:

  1. I wonder where her retreat is....in New England?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ricki - I know she'll be in England in July because of her signing date there, but I'm not sure where the retreat is located. :)

      Delete

Labels