Mundie Moms

Thursday, December 20, 2012

Mundie Moms Best of 2013: Our Favorite Series


Hello! Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays! It's that lovely time of year where I feature our favorites of this past year. I'm finally climbing out of the influenza A cave! YAY! I'm a bit behind on all the posts I had planned for this week's Mundie Moms Best of 2012 feature due to that. Today I've condensed our series lists into one post.

Today's Mundie Moms Best of 2012 feature is: Series  There's been a lot of fabulous series that were started this year, ones that continued one, and ones that ended. Here are our favorites:

There were some incredibly awesome first books in a series released this year, and it was impossible to do a top ten list for them, so here's our top 12 favorite first books in a new series (in no order):

  1. Shadow & Bone by Leigh Bardugo
  2. Rift by Andrea Cremer
  3. Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi
  4. Scarlet by A.C. Gaughen
  5. Carnival of Souls by Melissa Mar
  6. Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers
  7. Throne of Glass by Sarah Maas
  8. Unspoken by Sarah Rees Brennan
  9. Name of the Star by Maureen Johnson
  10. The Lost Prince by Julie Kagawa
  11. Defiance by C.J. Redwine
  12. Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhodes
Other Favorites: 
Along with new series, there are also some great series who had new installments this year. These books are ones we really enjoyed reading this year, and apart of a series we'd definitely recommend picking up. Here are some of our favorites (in no order):
  1. City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Clare
  2. Out of Sight, Out of Time by Ally Carter
  3. Days of Blood & Starlight by Laini Taylor
  4. Deity by Jennifer L Armentrout
  5. Pure by Jennifer L Armentrout
  6. Until I Die by Amy Plum
  7. Dreamless by Josephine Angelini
  8. The Springsweet by Saundra Mitchell
  9. Timepiece by Myra McEntire
  10. Once by Anna Carey
  11. Insurgent by Veronica Roth
  12. Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver
  13. A Million Suns by Beth Revis
  14. Wings of the Wicked by Courtney Allison Moulton
  15. Hallowed by Cynthia Hand
  16. The Torn Wing by Kiki Hamilton
  17. Austenland by Shannon Hale
  18. The Mephisto Kiss by Trinity Faegen
We all great book series come to an end. Often times we dread reading that last book, not because it's horrid or we lost interest in the series, but because we don't want to say goodbye. Here are some of our favorites series, or should I say our favorite last books in a series, we said goodbye to in 2012: 
  1. Endlessly by Kiersten White
  2. Firelight by Sophie Jordan
  3. Black Heart by Holly Black
  4. Bloodrose by Andrea Cremer
  5. The Savage Grace by Bree Despain
  6. BitterBlue by Kirsten Cashore
  7. Bourne by Lisa. T Bergren
  8. Reached by Ally Condie
  9. Finale by Becca Fitzpatrick
  10. Destined by Aprilynne Pike
  11. Beautiful Redemption by Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl
  12. Last Rite by Lisa Desrochers
  13. Promised by Caragh O'Brien
  14. Romeo Redeemed by Stacey Jay 
  15. Anastasia Forever by Joy Preble 
  16. Girl of Nightmares by Kendare Blake
What were some of your favorite new series that started this year? What series were sad to see end?  *please forgive my flu brain if I've left any obvious series off this list*

11 comments:

  1. Most of my top books I've read this year are on the lists. :)

    And I'm so excited that Bourne isn't going to be the last book in the River of Time series. Lisa T. Bergren recently announced that there is going to be a fifth book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh sweet! I don't know how I either didn't hear or I forgot that Lisa is adding one more book to the series. Thank you for letting me know!!!

      Delete
  2. Such great choices. Most of the books on your first list are ones I've read or plan to read very soon. Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! So glad some of them are ones you've read. I hope you enjoy the others. Happy Holidays!

      Delete
  3. I have read many of the books on your lists, but I was surprised not to see the Tiger's Curse series by Colleen Houck mentioned or the Crystor series by CK Bryant or the Steampunk series by Kady Cross. They are all amazing series. If you haven't read them, then you should.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Last year, I read the first in Kady's series amd loved it. I haven't gotten around to the sequel yet. Like most moms, I need a manny and an assistant or two. ;) I've heard good things about Colleen's series, too.

      Delete
    2. Kady and Colleen's book series aren't on here, because I haven't gotten around to reading their newest books yet. They're great series, but unfortunately I didn't have time this year to read their newest releases.

      Delete
  4. Ahh, yes :D Too many amazing books to mention them all ;p Hih. But oh. Shadow and Bone was so so so so good <3 Cannot wait to read it again ;) Thank you for sharing this awesome list :D
    Love, Carina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! There are way too many awesome books to list. LOVED Shadow & Bone!!

      Delete
  5. I've read most of the books on your list and look forward to reading the others! I do have a few additions of my own:

    New series: The Selection by Kiera Cass and Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi.

    Last book in a series: The Crimson Crown by Cinda Williams Chima and Endure by Carrie Jones

    Thanks! I LOVE your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      The Selection- I've got that one sitting on my list to read still. I'm hoping to read it before the end of the year.

      Shatter Me- Love this book! It topped my list of 2011 favorites!! It's so good.

      The Crimson Crown- I'm reading this series now!! I'm loving it!!

      Endure- Gah, I need to go read this one!! I enjoyed this series. I'm so glad you listed it.

      Thank you for your recs! ;) Thank you for your compliment ;)

      Delete

Labels