Mundie Moms

Friday, December 14, 2012

Flashback Friday - Decked with Holly

Written by: Marni Bates
Publisher: Kensington Publishing Corporation
Release Date: 9/25/2012
Source: Purchased
Buy: Indie Bound | Barnes and Noble | amazon
Rating: 5 out of 5 stars - Loved it!

Synopsis: Holly Dayton is about to go way out of her comfort zone. . . Spending Christmas vacation on a cruise with her two cousins from hell isn't Holly's idea of a good time. And when in a moment of seasick-fueled desperation she lurches into an open suite--she's greeted with an eyeful of pepper spray. The culprit? A gorgeous guy calling himself Nick. But when Holly goes to make her exit, she gets the shock of her life: a corridor crammed with screaming teenage fans. Because Nick just happens to be Dominic Wyatt, drummer for ReadySet--one of the hottest bands in America.

Suddenly rumors are swirling, and Holly's face is captured on countless phones and plastered all over the Internet. But the band can't risk a scandal destroying their family-friendly image, so Dominic convinces Holly to be his fake girlfriend--just for two weeks. How bad could it be to be fauxmantically involved with one of the cutest rockstars on the planet? Holly's about to find out. . .

Marni Bates wrote an adorable holiday story. I kept laughing when I was reading it and still the word "zombie!" may cause me to break out in a fit of giggles. Holly is quite the Cinderella-with-a-twist. The twist being that she's confident, funny and snarky.

When she discovers herself seasick in the cabin-suite of one of the hottest rock stars of the moment, she thinks on her wobbly feet and the banter between them is so deliciously crisp that I, well, I loved it. The fauxromance arrangement ups the tension in the book until you just want to see WHAT HAPPENS. Sorry for the shouty caps, I just had to know, and trust me you will, too.

In your holiday rush, take a moment and pick up Decked with Holly, I know you'll enjoy the sweet Christmas-y romance as much as I did. Now I have to read Awkward and I'm looking forward to the non-spinoff sequel, Invisible.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels