Mundie Moms

Monday, November 5, 2012

The Mortal Instruments Movie Monday #6: Filming Wrap Up / A Big Thank you


Welcome to this week's edition of The Mortal Instruments Movie Monday! It's a little bitter sweet posting this week, since the film wraps up it's shooting on Wednesday, November 7th. It seems like we waited for a long time for this movie to be filmed, and now that it's almost over, I feels like filming flew up. What an amazing movie this is going to be!! I can not wait for August 2013 to be here. You can read about my trip to the set here (I can't wait to share more details of my set visit with you), along with filming news here

Originally I was going list some of my favorite moments during the movie's filming, but nothing can top the set visit and all that happened during that trip. I seriously can not wait to tell you guys all about it, when I'm able to. I feel like everyone that's associated with this movie (the cast, the crew, and the movie executives) gets Cassie's world and the stories she's written. As a fan of this series, I can not be happier with how I think this movie is going to turn out. I have absolutely no worries about anything when it comes to this movie. This cast is perfect, and I think they're going to surprise a lot of people with their abilities to bring some of our beloved characters to life. 

I also admire the studio for talking to Cassie about her story, the books and getting feed back from her for the movie. For me, that shows me that they want to make sure they get this movie done right, and don't get things wrong that might mess up the storyline for future movies. I can only imagine what a challenge it is to try and get all the important aspects of the over all story line perfect. While I know some things change from the book to the movie, when you take a book series and turn into a movie, you do have to make sure certain parts of the storyline stay the same. Some things, whether they're small or bigs ones are relevant in future books, and play a huge role with the over all story. If you tweak those too much, it does ruin the storyline. One of the things I love about the TMI movie, at least from what I've gathered, is this won't be the case for this. We don't need to worry about what they'll get wrong, because I don't think there's anything to get wrong. This will be an awesome movie we'll walk away from seeing going, "They nailed it!"

I love it when those tied to a movie like this, get what the fans do. They love the story, the world, and the characters as much as we do, and want to make sure they get this right. They have the same passion we, the fans do when it comes to Cassie world. I firmly believe that is what is going to make this movie stand out from the other books turned to movies (aside from Harry Potter). It definitely takes a large team to bring something like this together, I feel everyone from the producers, director, writers, actors, and the entire crew behind this movie have given it their all, and will make fans proud after they see what they've done. THANK YOU to all who have brought this movie to life! I can't wait for August 2013!

What's something you're looking forward to seeing in the movie? Are you looking forward to seeing a certain scene or seeing your favorite character come to life? I personally can't wait to see it all. I'm of course really looking forward to seeing Jamie bring Jace to life! I also can't wait to see Magnus's party. Who's not dying to Magnus on the big screen!?! 3-D anyone?! haha 


To celebrate this week's filming wrap up, myself along with a few other TMI fansites are getting together to celebrate! It's been an amazing 56 days of filming, and we're inviting everyone to join in the fun to share our thanks for making this movie!! On Wednesday Nov. 7th, we'll be tweeting and posting through out the day our favorite moments, and pictures. We know how much everyone loved all the hand pictures Cassie posted from her set visits, and we want you to join us in sharing a hand picture of your own to celebrate the TMI movie. Add your favorite rune to your hand, paint your nails TMI colors, have your hand on the TMI books etc. Get creative and share it with us! You can post your picture of your blog, Tumblr, Facebook, Twitter etc. Don't forget to add myself @MundieMoms@TMI_institute@TMI_source@TMISpanishNews @TMIexamine, and @TMI_Colombia to your tweets! We'd love to see you pictures. We'll also be using the #GiveAHandforTMI

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels