Mundie Moms

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

TMI Movie News: Guest Post from a Movie Extra

I am beyond excited about today's recap from Monday's filming of the TMI movie, because I have one  a lovely guest post from Cristina B, a fellow TMI fan/person behind the official facebook fan pages for Cassie's TMI, ID, and Dark Artifices, and EXTRA from Monday's club scene. When she tweeted me a week or so ago sharing her excitement about being cast in the movie for that scene, I immediately fan girled for her. How cool is that, that a huge fan and supporter of Cassie's books is an extra in the movie, and not just any scene, but the club scene where Clary meets Jace for the 1st time. When I asked her if she'd be willing to share her on set experience with Mundie Moms, she graciously said yes! After a long 12 hour shooting day she wrote up her experience (below). THANK YOU to Cristina for taking the time to share your experience with us today!



MI Experience -Pandemonium Club by Cristina B

I just want to start off by saying a big thank you to Katie from Mundie Moms who has been good to me.

For those of you who do not know who I am my name is Cristina & I run the Official Facebook fan pages for Cassandra Clare's Infernal Devices, Mortal Instruments & Dark Artifices series.

Recently I had been cast as an extra in The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones for the Pandemonium Club scene & on Monday we set off to film the scene. While I can't talk about most of it or the props or what the set look like I can give you a play-by-play of how my day went.

I got up in the morning at 8 o'clock took a shower & got ready to go clubbing as I had to be in Toronto by 11 o'clock. I arrived to the extras holding was told to check in and then head straight to wardrobe and then hair and makeup. After hair and makeup I went back upstairs to wait with the other extras. There were three groups of extras the 9 o'clocks, 10 o'clocks and 11 o'clocks.

We sat around waiting until about noon when we were called down to the set to begin filming for the Pandemonium Club scene. I was given a prop to hold and made my way into the club to try to find a good place to position myself.

Generally speaking I never go to the club alone, I'm always with friends & most the time if we're not dancing, we wait by the bar for the bartender to notice us so that we can get a drink. That is what I did, I headed over to the bar & stayed there.

For the next 5 & 1/2 hours we continued filming that scene. When the extras weren't needed we waited outside or up on the roof of the clib where there was a patio. Since it kept raining off & on they had to keep bringing un inside. I also got to meet Robert, Lily &Chad. Rob kept making me laugh, & Chad was the nicest guy.

We then got a lunch break at 5:30 & went back to holding with the other extras to have lunch & wait until they begun filming again.

For the next four hours we shot the other half of the scene where I got me Kevin, Jamie and Jemima. While Kevin & Jemima smiled & occasionally spoke to a few of us, Jamie kept to himself.

At 11 o'clock at night we were told that we would be wrapping up & that we could all go home. After 12 hours of being in a 5 inch stilettos I was more than eager to say okay let's go home.

I then proceeded to sign out of the extras holding room and make my way back to my car & then back home. After checking my clock when I walk through the door it was 1 o'clock in the morning.

It was a very long afternoon but it was totally worth it & if asked to do it again I would say yes.

Hope that gives you little bit of insight as to what my day was like yesterday. It was great to meet the cast and crew of the film, & I know they're going to be as true to the book as they possibly can.

If you would like to ask me questions I can be reached at:
Facebook | Twitter | Tumblr

THANK YOU Cristina! What an amazing experience!!!

3 comments:

  1. Yes! I can't wait for this movie! It sounds like you had such a great time. I wonder why Jamie kept to himself. I can't wait to see the entire scene on screen, there were awesome pictures of it on tumblr. Thanks for sharing!

    http://thebucketlist-gn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jamie's a quiet person like that. Some actors are. Just because he's doing a major film doesn't mean he has to suddenly develop an alternate ego. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's pretty awesome Cristina! Congratulations! A fan-dream come true! :)

    ReplyDelete

Labels