Mundie Moms

Monday, July 16, 2012

Vote for ALEC & An Original COG Scene w/ Jace & Alec


Alec is up in today's YA Crush Tourney and in Cassie's fashion ( I love her fashion), she's treated fans to an extra of Alec. Today's post is an original scene from City of Glass with Jace and Alec, that was rewritten for the book. Here's what Cassie said, "Aw! Alec is up for the YA Crush Tourney. It would be nice to see a gay character advance into the later rounds!
So, as always, vote for Alec if you’re feelin’ it. You can vote here
Either way, in honor of his candidacy, I’m posting the scene from the original draft of City of Glass in which Jace kisses Alec to get him to come to his senses about Magnus. It wound up being rewritten as it was kind of silly, but I do enjoy Jace’s relentless practicality about everything and as always, Alec and Jace’s friendship."
“Drop it, Jace,” Alec said in a warning tone.
Jace was having none of being warned. “Magnus says it’s because you’re hung up on me. Is that true?”
There was a moment of utter silence. Then Alec gave a despairing howl of horror and put his hands up to cover his face. “I am going to kill Magnus. Kill him dead.”
“Don’t. He cares about you. He really does. I believe that,” Jace said, managing to sound only a little bit awkward. “Look. I don’t want to push you into anything, but do you maybe want to —”
“Call Magnus? Look, that’s a dead end, I know you’re trying to be helpful, but —”
“—kiss me?” Jace finished.
Alec looked as if he were about to fall off his chair. “WHAT? What? What?”
“One what would do.” Jace did his best to look as if this were the sort of suggestion one made all the time. “I think it might help.”
Alec looked at him with something like horror. “You don’t mean that.”
“Why wouldn’t I mean it?”
“Because you’re the straightest person I know. Possibly the straightest person in the world.”
“Exactly,” Jace said, and leaned forward, and kissed Alec on the mouth.
The kiss lasted approximately four seconds before Alec pulled forcefully away, throwing his hands up as if to ward Jace off from coming at him again. He looked as if he were about to throw up. “By the Angel,” he said. “Don’t ever do that again.”
“Oh yeah?” Jace grinned, and almost meant it. “That bad?”
“Like kissing my brother,” said Alec, with a look of horror in his eyes.
“I thought you might feel that way.” Jace crossed his arms over his chest. “Also, I’m hoping we can just gloss over all the irony here in what you just said.”
“We can gloss over whatever you want to,” Alec said fervently. “Just don’t kiss me again.”

Aw, Jace! I can't stop laughing at this scene, partly because I can picture it clearly in my head, and the other part because I can hear Alec's horror and shock in my mind so clearly. Plus, only Jace could get away with doing something like that and not think twice about it. 

5 comments:

  1. I've voted for Alec already! <3 Even though I'm only on the second book (therefore, could not enjoy the extra at the moment), super excited to get further in this awesome series!! <3 Will and Jem's gone on to round 2, and I have faith in Alec as well!

    Vivian @ Vivaciously, Vivian

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just adore this see. It is completely in character for Jace and a great way to resolve the "What if..." that might have been in many readers minds. - VinSlayer

    ReplyDelete

Labels