Mundie Moms

Thursday, July 19, 2012

TMI Casting News: Jocelyn & Hodge are Cast

I am seriously LOVING all this TMI Movie casting news today! Cassie announced casting news for both Jocelyn and Hodges. 

Jocelyn's announcement is here, and she'll be played by the lovely Lena Headey. It's funny, because I never really had a certain image in my mind for Jocelyn, but seeing Lena I think she'll be a great fit for Jocelyn. Of her casting Cassie said

Jocelyn is a really fun character to write. She’s overprotective (but for a reason) and often really unyielding and unsympathetic, but she’s also a heroine who saved the world from Valentine, endured a lot of loss, and can execute some pretty badass moves. Moral ambiguity is always fun to play and who does it better than



the gorgeous and talented Lena Headey. You probably know her best as Cersei from Game of Thrones.




I have had an actress crush on Lena for years so when they told me she was cast I did a happy dance and hit Sarah Rees Brennan on the head with a spoon. Actually I would have done that last bit anyway. Lena is amazing and I think she will be amazing as Jocelyn. I 
am super psyched.


What do you guys think? I'm loving this casting choice!


***********


Cassie reported that Jared Harris has been cast as Hodges! On his casting Cassie said, 


Hodge is also a really complicated character. He’s not entirely bad, not entirely good. He’s a brilliant man led down a bad path a long time ago and he can’t turn back, but he does love those kids he tutored. So if you’ve seen either Mad Men or Sherlock Holmes: Game of Shadows (in which he was Moriarty), you know this guy, and you know he’s fantastic at moral ambiguity.  





He’s got SAG awards and Emmys all over the place and I think he’ll really nail Hodge’s moral dilemma. Welcome, Jared!


I told you it wasn’t going to be a boring day!

WOW, another fabulous casting choice! What do you guys think?

7 comments:

  1. I think the casting for Jocelyn and Hodges is great! I think they'll do great in the movie! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really excited about the cast for this movie! It's fabulous

      Delete
  2. Jared Harris is an awesome actor. I loved him in Sherlock Holmes, and Fringe. He plays a great bad guy.

    Lena definitely has the look for Jocelyn. I enjoyed her in 300.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy with the casting news! Especially with Lena being Jocelyn . . . ABSOLUTELY LOVE HER in Game of Thrones!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am loving the casting!! The cast is so epic so far!! I am secretly wishing for Avan Jorgia for Alec, but I doubt that will happen. He is pretty drool worthy though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just started watching Game of Thrones so it's going to be hard for me to picture Lena as a good person.... but we'll see right?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, so much exciting news! Love these castings.

    ReplyDelete

Labels