Mundie Moms

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Ally Carter's Out of Sight, Out of Time Tour - San Jose Stop

(top row: Ally Carter, Hickleebee's sweater-tree. bottom row: the audience and look at the cuteness all around the store, me, and my two Gallagher Girls with Ally)

Just had to post a big thank you to Hicklebee's in San Jose for a wonderful afternoon with Ally Carter. I'm beginning to get used to my seven hour, round trip drive to the Bay Area because it's just so fun to attend these events.

Although, there were no spoilers talked about during Ally's Q&A, I think I can share that in the next Heist Society novel, Kat's glasses will reflect...(removed for spoilers). Okay, I won't tease you. It was a fun hour and we learned quite a bit about both Gallagher Girls and Heist Society.

In the spirit of Cammie, let's do this as a fact or rumor list:
  • The book that was the most challenging to write was Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy because it introduced Zach and according to Ally "you never forget the boy who gave you gray hairs and made you fat". (Aside: can't do RUMOR/FACT because I saw no evidence of either, but boy did I chuckle 'cause kids cause the same symptoms in some of us) 
  • The inspiration for Gallagher Girls was Ally's own experience in spy school. RUMOR.
  • Mr. Solomon was written in just for us mom's to enjoy. NEITHER. It was a comment that I had to make to Ally.
  • We can look forward to more short stories, multiple POVs like the one on The Gallagher Academy with the release of the next book. FACT. Ally's publisher gave her the idea and she enjoyed writing the different POVs.
  • The last Gallgher Girls book will be book 6. FACT.
I'm still sad about the last fact. I know, I know, I'm one obsessed mom. So, if you haven't read the series yet, both Katie and I have reviewed the books here, and Katie still has to finish books 3, 4 and 5. But, be sure to get them. Get all of them. I feel confident that you will enjoy the characters, their world and ohmyeverything their stories as much as we did.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels