Mundie Moms

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Cassandra Clare's TMI/TID Unidentified Snippets


I'm loving the snippets Cassie has recently been posting/ teasing us with. We'll be updating this post as she posts more snippets. You can also follow Cassie on her tumblr, and read all her snippets under her unidentified-snippets posts on her tumblr account. You can also find these listed on the Mundie Moms forum.

As Cassie mentioned on her tumblr, these are unidentified snippets, meaning they can be either from TMI or TID series.

1/2012 - She looked at the boy. He was pale as milk, his blue eyes startling against so much white skin and the darkness of his hair and eyelashes. He was long-legged, slender as a willow branch, but strong: a very pretty boy, even to her, who looked at human beings and saw mortality and rot.

1/2012 - But the rest of Jace’s mind is watching the door slam behind her and seeing the final ruin of all his dreams. It was one thing to push it to this point. It is another to let go forever. Because he knows Clary, and if she goes now, she will not ever come back.

1/2012 - To my son,

If you are reading this letter, then I am dead.


1/2012 - “In your eyes, I have always found grace.”

1/2012 - He stopped dead. “Tessa told you?” he said.

1/2012 - his parabatai rune was bleeding

1/2012 - Marry me today.

1/2012 - She slid the gold ring back onto her finger before heading into Jace’s bedroom.

1/31/12- Will’s hand looked brown and sunburnt by contrast, their fingers dovetailed together like piano keys.

2/1/12- He kissed each finger, and with each one of them spoken a word. Five kisses, five words. His last.

2/5/12- “Did you …” He could barely bring himself to ask. “Did you like it?”

“Yeah.” Her voice was husky. “I liked it.”

2/13/12- “In all my previous encounters with Will, he has worn pants.”

2/19/12- “Do you think there’s a chance for him?”

“A chance for who?”
“Will. To be happy.”
“Is there a chance for you to be happy if he isn’t?”


3/2/12- It was one of the things that had made her fall in love with him in the first place: realizing that this scarred, sarcastic boy was gentle with the things he loved.

3/3/12- … laughing together at all the beautiful ruin around them. They were standing suspended in the sea: it couldn’t hurt them, destruction was their element. Clarissa was looking down as she laughed, trailing her moonlight hands in the water. When she lifted up her hands they were dark, dripping: he realized that the seas were all blood.

3/7/12- When you were an angel, what was your name?


3/30/12- Jem leaned closer against the chair, staring into the fire. “Better it were my hands,” he said.

Will shook his head. Exhaustion was muting the edges of everything in the room, blurring the flocked wallpaper into a single mass of dark color. “No. Not your hands. You need your hands for the violin. What do I need mine for?” 

4/7/12- Clary glanced up as Sebastian drew his hand away from her back. Light blazed around them. Jace had taken out his witchlight runestone. He grinned at her, his face all angles and shadows in the harsh, focused light. 
“Easy is the descent,” he said.


4/7/12- Not your parabatai any longer


4/9/12- “Wet again,” Will said, glumly.


4/11/12- “You’re in my bones and my blood and my heart,” he said. “I’d have to tear myself open to let you go.”


4/22/12- A smile tugged the edge of Jace’s mouth. “I hate ducks. Don’t know why. I just always have.”


5/12- “You are the Lightwoods — you are all that is left of the Lightwoods.”


6/4/12- “I don’t know why I ever helped you.”
“Because you like broken things.” 

6/5/12- “Oh, God, the lovebirds,” Magnus said, pulling the pillow off his face. “I hate happy couples.”

** All snippets are taken from posts Cassie's made on Tumblr.

17 comments:

  1. 1 - I'm thinking a Valentine letter to Jace ???

    2 - I'm thinking hmmmm maybe Will/Tess.

    3 - Definitely Will to Jem.

    4 - Maybe Jace . . . maybe.

    5 - Either Jem or it's more likely Will.

    6 - Clary I hope. ;)

    7 - Obviously Will but the question is who? Hmmm Jem or Tessa . . .

    8 - I'm sad to think it's Jem . . . I hope not. Or it could be Jace . . .

    Damn these snippets! CC is killing me here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know what's really sad? I don't know when (I cud ng) but, Jem dies, Will joins the silent brothers as Brother Zachariah, and Tessa is immortal.

      Delete
    2. oh please dont say that! lets just wait for the book to come out before we say what happens ......you can never trust the web these days which is such a shame :( i mean i dont know where you heard or read it, it could all be lies you know, not saying that they aren't!

      Delete
  2. Marry me today.

    awww I hope Jem & Tessa get married! They are so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. BLOODY HELL!! OMG OMG I am hyperventilating!! AWESOME AWESOME!! THANKS SO SO SO MUCH for sharing!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA so so excited!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. EEEEKKKKKKK!!!!!!! this is so torture but I love it!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is torture!!! I can't wait for this books!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The last snippet is stressing me out D:

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMGosh, that last one has me reeling....I just don't know what to do with myself now, it's too much! Ayyyy~

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're responses I'm sure are making Cassie smile. She loves to torture us. I'm seriously anxious to find out who said what. I have a feeling most of these quotes aren't taken from who we think is saying them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Either way... we're all going to die when the books come out from the truth! The day those two books come back are the same days people around the globe will swoon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. does anybody else think that maybe Jace and clary get married? I hope it doesn't but anyway This is killing me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't thought of that, but it is possible. *crosses fingers*

      Delete
  11. This is torture. Clare, have mercy. Please.

    ReplyDelete
  12. "When you were an angel, what was your name?"

    anyone else think this quote is about tessa?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh I hadn't thought of that, but that would seem fitting.

      Delete

Labels