Mundie Moms

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday: The Last Echo by Kimberly Derting

Published by: Harper Teen
To Be Released on: April 17th, 2012
Pre-Order from: Amazon | Barnes & Noble

Violet kept her morbid ability to sense dead bodies a secret from everyone except her family and her childhood-best-friend-turned-boyfriend, Jay Heaton. That is until forensic psychologist Sara Priest discovered Violet’s talent and invited her to use her gift to track down murderers. Now, as she works with an eclectic group of individuals—including mysterious and dangerously attractive Rafe—it’s Violet’s job to help those who have been murdered by bringing their killers to justice. When Violet discovers the body of a college girl killed by “the girlfriend collector” she is determined to solve the case. But now the serial killer is on the lookout for a new “relationship” and Violet may have caught his eye... -quoted from Kimberly's site

Each book in this series has made one of my year list of favorite reads. Since finishing Desires of the Dead I've been eager to jump back into this series. This synopsis sounds like it might be the most suspenseful of the three books. I can't wait to get my hands on this book. What book are you waiting on?

7 comments:

  1. I haven't read this series, but I always hear such good things about it. SO cool that it's keeping your attention this far into the series.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hadn't seen this series before, but this book does look suspenseful. She senses dead bodies?! I'm glad she's helping find justice!! Great pick.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've only read The Body Finder so far, but I'm looking forward to reading Desires of the Dead and The Last Echo. Thanks for sharing!

    My WoW: http://bibliophilesthoughtsonbooks.blogspot.com/2011/12/waiting-on-wednesday-3-lenobias-vow.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kimberly Derting has my mom interested in The Body Finder series, and my mom doesn't read a lot of YA. Am looking forward to reading THE LAST ECHO!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes! I've been dying to read this too. I miss Jay so so so much. :] I love Kimberly Derting's books. She's amazing! Thanks for sharing.

    My WoW: http://jessiraelloyd.blogspot.com/2011/12/waiting-on-wednesday-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't read any of Kimberly's books, but I might just have to so I can read this book :)

    Anna
    The Bursting Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  7. Melina- You have got to read it! It's a series that gets better and better with each book and more suspenseful.

    Christina- You're so welcome! I hope you enjoy Desires of the Dead.

    Kris- LOL that is so awesome your mom is interested in. Tell her that I'm a mom and I highly recommend it! :)

    Jessirae- I do too! Kimberly's an amazing writer.

    Anna- I love Kimberly's writing with both this series and The Pledge.

    ReplyDelete

Labels