Mundie Moms

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Recent TMI/ID News

I've some how missed some fabulous TMI/ID news lately and I completely applogize for that. I'm posting all the goodies in one big post. Believe me, it's worth reading!!

************

We've got some great TMI movie news to share with you guys via TheFabLife's recent interview with Cassie.

Here's a little bit from the interview, which you can read in it's entirety here. Cassie answers the question about what's happening with the TMI movie and why the script was re-written:

Clare herself stopped by the VH1 offices last week while promoting Clockwork Prince, book two in Mortal Instruments prequel series The Infernal Devices, and gave us a very good reason for the movie’s delay: The original script didn’t stay true to the books.

“Nobody could settle on a script that they liked, and so there was a lot of back-and-forthing, and finally, it came down from the head of the studio [Screen Gems] that she wanted the script rewritten,” Cassie told TheFABlife. “She didn’t feel like it stuck close enough to the book. I kind of agreed with her. There were some characters that were taken out and things that were switched around, and it was very different from City of Bones.”

They brought Pretty Little Liars screenwriter Marlene King onboard to rewrite the whole darn thing, bringing back more of Clare’s characters and giving it a “great teen voice,” Clare said.

After reading this interview, I'll wait as long as I have to in order for the stuido to get the movie right! I completely admire them for wanting to stay true to the books.

**********

Cassie talks to Hollywood Crush about Ed Westwick, you know the velvety voice heard on the CP audiobooks. Cassie said she'd love to see Ed play Will in the ID movie, which is currently in the works!



When asked about the reaction Cassie's received for CP, she said, "What I've gotten has been a really great, positive reaction," she said. "People have really loved it. But there's definitely been a lot of heartbreak: 'This broke my heart. This really made me question my loyalties. Who are my favorite characters? What do I want to happen in the end?' I think there's a lot of questions of how this can be a happy ending for everybody because at the end of the book, we leave everybody in a state of, I would say, very delicate balance."

You can read the rest of the interview here and watch it below:


**************

Check out this fabulous cover cover with Will on it!

This month's YEN subscription allows readers to read the first chapter of their ID graphic novel. You do have to pay for a subscription service in order to read it.

9 comments:

  1. I agree, I would rather wait a long time to have City of Bones done right, then have them change it all and have it out soon. I am glad that they decided to re-write the script to keep it closer to the book. And I really hope they cast Ed Westwick for Will in ID!! That would be so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy- exactly! I really respect the fact they want to get it right and resemble the book as much as possible. I'm glad they've re-written the script too. I can't wait to hear more ID news.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll also gladly wait for however long in order to get a true-to-the-book adaptation. I'm impressed that the studio is having it rewritten. I wonder, though, which characters were taken out. It seems like every character plays a role in the series, so it would've been hard for the rest of the movies (if they're made) to be consistent if they had to keep changing things/introducing characters to cover up previous removals.

    Also, while I'm not a fan of Chuck Bass, I wouldn't mind Ed playing Will. Not who I envision, but I'd be happy with it. He seems to enjoy the series and it'd be interesting to see him in a fantasy-type role.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Much better to wait than to have a bad product. Besides, if the first movie stinks, they won't make more. I'll wait if it means a chance at more movies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Re-written??? How long are they going to take to get this movie started? But I guess it's good that they get the movie right the first time! I'm just impatient!

    Magical Urban Fantasy Reads
    bookluvrmindy

    ReplyDelete
  6. DJ- I am too! I'll wait a few years if I have to, though I really don't want it to be that long. lol

    Katie- I agree! Making it better vs rushing to have it done is much better.

    BookLuvr- LOL yeah it's better to have a movie done right than rushed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I read that news about the re-write the other day and I was shocked to learn that Magnus was one of the characters they'd left out!! He is like one of the worst people to be left out. If he wasn't in it, someone else would've have to have removed Clarys Sight. They never would have gone to his party and what happened to Simon wouldn't happen. OK they would still happen in the movie but it wouldn't be done with the awesomeness that is Magnus.

    Ramble over lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay, I'm going to be snotty voice (or text, as it were) on the post. I'm not an Ed Westwick fan so I'd have to vote no on his being in the ID movie and though I think Lily Collins could be good as Clary, I'm not sold on Jamie Campbell Bower as Jace.

    And I'd definitely rather wait for a good movie than have a bad one rushed into production.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Patty- I totally agree! I have no idea how they cut have cut Magnus out. That would have completely ruined the entire movie.

    Kristin- I don't see him as Will either, but then again, I'm not quite sure who I picture as Will.

    ReplyDelete

Labels