Mundie Moms

Saturday, December 24, 2011

2011 Mundie Moms Favorites: Fictional Tour Guides


Welcome to day 8 of our 2011 MM Favorites. With all the fabulous books we've read this year, Sophie and I have often times talked about the settings. You know the ones that you can clearly picture in your mind and for the time you're reading the book you feel like you're actually there? Yeah, those ones. In talking about our favorite settings, we (okay my demented self) made a comment about how cool it would be to given a tour of our favorite settings by some of our favorite characters. So, here's our list of Top 11 (possibly 13) Fictional Tour Guides:
  1. Will & Jem (from Clockwork Prince) in a horse drawn carriage around Victorian London. If you've read CA & CP you'll know why...
  2. Jace & Simon (from City of Fallen Angels) around NYC and of course Idris. If you're not looking for a shadowhunter tour, how about a tour of NYC with Will Darcy (from Prom & Prejudice). You know you can't say no to a "Darcy" *snickers*
  3. Jules (from Die For Me) around Paris.... need I say more
  4. Marcello & Luca (The River of Time Series) after reading this series we wouldn't be mind spending a day in 14th century Italy.
  5. Ash & Puck (from The Iron Queen & The Iron Knight) - We don't even need to go anywhere with these two, just hanging out with them for a day would be entertaining enough.
  6. Kaleb & Michael (from Hourglass)- time travel with these two? YES PLEASE! It wouldn't matter where we went, we'd happily accompany these two anywhere.
  7. Elder (from Across the Universe)- On a spaceship cursing the universe, need I say more.
  8. Tucker & Christian (from Unearthly)- the Tetons, WY, skiing, fishing, the great out doors.... I would love spending the day in the great out doors with these two. Speaking of out doors, I'd happily take a tour of Vail, CO with Ren (from Wolfsbane)!
  9. Kia (from Tempest Rising)- Hello undersea world! I loved the undersea world Tracy created in this story and I'd happily accompany Kia on a tour around his home.
  10. Adam (from Shatter Me)- this was a hard choice, because the handful of brilliantly written dystopians I read this year. I'm fascinated by each of their worlds, but Adam in Shatter Me stands out the most for me. I'm totally intrigued with him and his world and really, would could say no to him if he offered to show you around his world?
  11. Last but not least, we would LOVE a tour of San Francisco with Cricket (from Lola & the Boy Next Door), and he could definitely bring along St Clair. ;)

Now that you've seen the demented side of us, who would you pick to be your fictional tour guide and why?

5 comments:

  1. As long as Will and Jem promise to take us to see the ducks right, lol! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your list!! I'd also like a tour of NYC from Elizabeth Eulberg's Will Darcy, a tour of San Francisco with Cricket Bell and a tour of Vail with Ren LaRoche.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah. Amy...yes, Cricket. But I think I could show him Berkeley better than he could show me. LOL. And YES! Will Darcy. Such a...well, such a Darcy (high compliment from me).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Malissa- LOL! That would be a must. Merry Christmas to you as well!

    Amy- Thank you! YES to those three!! They were on our original list that was accidentally deleted. I went back in and added them. I can't believe I left them off.

    Sophie- I've got them on the list. They were ones we had talked about and added to the list that ended up lost in cyperspace.

    Stefanie- Thank you! Merry Christmas to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww Cricket! That would be a wonderful tour :-)

    ReplyDelete

Labels