Mundie Moms

Monday, October 3, 2011

Mundane Monday #104

It's October!!! I don't know how that happened or where this weekend went. Happy Monday!!

Today's Mundane Monday is a *SPOILER FREE* snippet from Clockwork Prince. I won't officially be quoting Clockwork Prince as part of our Mundane Mondays until after it's release, but I couldn't help myself this morning. This quote does NOT give anything away, and is taking out of context. This is found near the beginning of the book and in true Will fashion, it's a quote that made me snicker.



... Her name rang in Will's mind like the chime of a bell; he wondered if any other name on earth had such an inescapable resonance to it. She couldn't have been named something awful, could she, like Mildred. He couldn't imagine lying awake at night, staring up at the ceiling while invisible voices whispered "Mildred" in his ears. But Tessa-

- Clockwork Prince, page 42, Image found here

9 comments:

  1. Mildred was my maternal grandma's name so it's difficult for me to be ecstatic about this little snippet of a passage...

    ReplyDelete
  2. CrimsonInk- Mildred is a wonderful name. Like I mentioned, the quote is taking out of context, but when you read the entire passage it will be more comical as to why he's saying what he is. He's not making fun of the name by any means.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Apologies if I'm not supposed to comment twice. Thank you for letting me know there's more to that particular passage. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Feel free to comment as much as you'd like to. :)
    You're so welcome! There's a lot that's going on during this scene and I only took out a few lines. I think you'll enjoy it when you read the entire scene and know what he's referring to. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL I like this quote. It is *so* Will, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this! Beautiful picture. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Girl is reading book silently in above the picture.rally impressed from the picture.

    ReplyDelete

Labels