Mundie Moms

Monday, October 3, 2011

Carrier of the Mark: Interview with Author Leigh Fallon

I'm so excited to have Leigh Fallon on Mundie Moms today! Her debut, Carrier of the Mark will out TOMORROW!! I highly recommend picking this book up. You can read my review for it here. You can also read our guest post with Leigh and our character interview with Aine DeRise.

Published by: Harper Teen
To Be Released on: October 4th, 2011

Their love was meant to be.

When Megan Rosenberg moves to Ireland, everything in her life seems to fall into place. After growing up in America, she's surprised to find herself feeling at home in her new school. She connects with a group of friends, and she is instantly drawn to darkly handsome Adam DeRĂ­s.

But Megan is about to discover that her feelings for Adam are tied to a fate that was sealed long ago—and that the passion and power that brought them together could be their ultimate destruction.



Congratulations on your upcoming debut, Carrier of the Mark! How would you describe your book in three work or less?

Spine tingling romance.

I was hooked on the premise for Carrier of the Mark before I even read it. I love that there's a fated romance. What do you admire the most about Megan and Adam?

Their utter belief that no matter what, they'll overcome the odds.

Your setting is absolutely beautiful and so vivid. What inspired you set your book in Ireland?

Well, I lived there. Kinsale is so beautiful, I spent so much time wandering the marina and the gorgeous country side, how could I not write about it? The town is so pretty, and alive. You'd just love it.

Your cover is beautiful! Did you have a say in it?

Nope, I just got an email asking me what did I think. My jaw hit the floor when I saw it. I swear, I didn't sleep that night. It was just so beautiful, the designer who did it, 100% got my story and designed it to fit it. It's perfection.

What were three must have things you needed while writing Carrier of the Mark? (caffeine, music etc.)

Coffee (and lots of it), Excellent music (for when I needed some inspiration), and peace and quite (for when I was completely lost in the story)

What advice would you give to aspiring writers?

Write what you love, what you're passionate about.Stay true to what you believe is a great story, ignore all the trends.Be persistent, never give up, you will get there eventually.

If you could have added one of your favorite fictional characters to your book, who would you have added and why?

Rupert Campbell Black from Jilly Cooper's, Riders, is one of my all time favorite characters. He's the ultimate bad boy that you want to love, care for, and turn good. He's a fixer upper. He'd make an excellent naughty but nice guardian in Carrier. LOL!
_______________________________

Thank you Leigh for joining us today!

Don't forget, this Wednesday, October 5th Leigh is going to be chatting with InkPop, which will also be featured here on MM's at 5 pm EST/ 4 pm CST

Be sure to follow Leigh on her sites here: her blog, website, twitter, HarperTeen page

You can purchase Carrier of the Mark from: Amazon| Barnes & Noble| Indie Bound

5 comments:

  1. I am so excited for this book! Can't wait to start reading it tomorrow. Thanks for posting the interview!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great interview! I cannot wait for this book. And love Leigh, hugs! Looking forward to the chat, too =) Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. CrimsonInk- You're so welcome! I hope you enjoy it.

    Trisha- Thank you! It's such a fabulous read. I'm excited for your to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. AHH, I'm so excited for this book! There's this mystery hanging over it and I want to know what's behind it. And, IRELAND. Honestly. Need I say more?

    ~ Asher (from Paranormal Indulgence)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fabulous book!

    Valerie
    StuckInBooks.com

    ReplyDelete

Labels