Mundie Moms

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Thoughtful Thursday- Spending a Day with Ash & Puck

Today's Thoughtful Thursday is "Spending the day with Ash & Puck". Now I didn't make that up, this is part of a contest Julie Kagawa is having for a SIGNED copy of The Iron Knight. Be sure to go enter!! We adore Julie and her characters, and couldn't pass up a chance to post about Ash and Puck. Really, who wouldn't want to spend the day with them.


Since we're moms and very busy, we can't spend the entire day with these boys. So we're going to spend a couple hours with them in between dropping kids off at school, doing errands, cleaning the house and picking our kids up (so that leaves about a hour). I'm going to do a surprise date for Sophie and Ash, and I'm pretty sure they'll both kill for this, but it will be worth it.

See, I'd plan a little picnic for Ash and Sophie, not a romantic one, but one where they could sit and talk, not that Ash would talk a lot. Sophie's a mom, so she'd be able to make him talk. I'd have a blanket and food all set out for them and I'd of course need to pull out the poisonous berries Puck would have accidentally left for Ash. Being a mom I'm sure Sophie would ask Ash if Meghan was cooking for him and she'd look at him, check him out and then tell him he needed to eat more, and then check him out again. She'd of course ask him about his sword fighting and Ash would be more than happy to give her a quick lesson with sword fighting. Then what date wouldn't be complete without one beautiful white horse magically appearing so they could enjoy a quick ride through the beautiful mountains near Lake Tahoe. It's cold enough there for Ash and not too far away from home for Sophie. Notice I said one horse.... Sophie would have to ride behind Ash and hold on for dear life.


Puck and I on the other hand would of course take the opportunity to spy on Sophie and Ash, not because Meghan would have asked us to, but because Puck would have course want to play a prank on Ash and I of course would want to see how it all went down. While watching the two of them talk and enjoy their picnic I'd of course ask Puck how he's been doing and make sure he's getting enough to eat and plenty of rest. Meghan would of course want to join us and I'd do the motherly thing that Sophie did w/ Ash, and ask her how she's doing. I'd make sure Ash is treating her well, that she's eating right and tell her that when it's time for mini Ash's to running around to contact us. At which point Puck would glare at me and I'd smirk and tell him to "cheer up Uncle Puck, you'll make a great babysitter." Then I'd of course quickly leave while laughing hysterically at the look on Puck's face, and the blush on Meghan's.

That's how we'd spend our short time with Ash and Puck, how would you spend your day? Go HERE to find out how to enter Julie's contest.

Don't worry, we'll be doing something for Jace and Simon... perhaps a Mango Monday....

10 comments:

  1. *Wipes tears of laughter* Mini Ashes!!!

    Love it, thanks for playing! ^__^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie- LOL Being a mom, you know I'd have to ask that.

    I'm so glad you love it! Thank you! This was a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww!! ... mini-Ashes'd be just too adorableee!!! I can't stop imagining the shocked expression on Ash's face XD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Luna- LOL I couldn't help myself if that comment.

    Kate- Thank you so much!

    Tia- Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Umm, what can I say except...*holds on to Ash while trying to not fall off the saddle*....thank you. I think...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sophie- Just don't squeeze him too hard LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. best entry I've read so far!
    Awesome job, and good luck with the contest! =)

    ReplyDelete

Labels