Mundie Moms

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Exciting Book News!


Yesterday Harlequin Teen treated Iron Fey Fans with the long awaited made of AWESOME book trailer for Julie's last installment in the Iron Fey Series, The Iron Knight. Go HERE to watch it!



Only a few more days and this book will be out! I can't wait to read it. Yesterday Becca tweeted that both Walmart and Sam's Club would be carrying a special edition of Silence that contains bonus content from Patch's pov! Today USA Today posted the 1st Chapter from Silent

Read Chapter 1 of Silence:

Even before I opened my eyes, I knew I was in danger.

I stirred at the soft crunch of footsteps drawing closer. A dim flicker of sleep remained, dulling my focus. I was flat on my back, a chill seeping through my shirt.

My neck was crooked at a painful angle, and I opened my eyes. Thin stones loomed out of the blue-black fog. For a strange suspended moment, an image of crooked teeth came to mind, and then I saw them for what they really were. Gravestones.

I tried to push myself up to sitting, but my hands slipped on the wet grass. Fighting the haze of sleep still curled around my mind, I rolled sideways off a half-sunken grave, feeling my way through the vapor. The knees of my pants soaked up dew as I crawled between the haphazardly placed graves and monuments. Mild recognition hovered, but it was a side thought; I couldn't bring myself to focus through the excruciating pain radiating inside my skull.

I crawled along a wrought-iron fence, tamping down a layer of decaying leaves that had been years in the making. A ghoulish howl drifted down from above, and while it sent a shudder through me, it wasn't the sound I was most frightened of. The footsteps trampled over the grass behind me, but whether they were near or far I couldn't tell. A shout of pursuit cut through the mist, and I hurried my pace. I knew instinctively that I had to hide, but I was disoriented; it was too dark to see clearly, the eerie blue fog casting spells before my eyes.

In the distance, trapped between two walls of spindly and overgrown trees, a white stone mausoleum glowed through the night. Rising to my feet, I ran toward it.

I slipped between two marble monuments, and when I came out on the other side, he was waiting for me. A towering silhouette, his arm raised to strike. I tripped backward. As I fell, I realized my mistake: He was made of stone. An angel raised on a pediment, guarding the dead. I might have smothered a nervous laugh, but my head collided against something hard, jarring the world sideways. Darkness encroached on my vision.


Visit USA Today to read the rest of the 1st Chapter!

GO VISIT HOLLYWOOD CRUSH to watch the trailer!!

4 comments:

  1. Can. Not. Wait! EEP! And the book trailer of Iron Knight is so awesome, makes me want to dive in again! thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want both of these books already. Luckily Silence is almost out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trisha- I can not either! I've secretly been hoping someone would put it out early LOL

    Nicole- Only a few more days and Patch will be here. ITK Is so worth the wait!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have not read this series yet. Thanks for this post, and I am certainly intrigued!!! :D

    ReplyDelete

Labels