Mundie Moms

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday: The Future of Us

Waiting on Wednesday is a meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, were bloggers select a book they can't wait to read that's not yet been released.

by Jay Asher and Carolyn Mackler
Published by Razorbill
To be released on November 21st, 2011

It's 1996, and less than half of all American high school students have ever used the Internet.

Emma just got her first computer and an America Online CD-ROM.
Josh is her best friend. They power up and log on--and discover themselves on Facebook, fifteen years in the future.

Everybody wonders what their Destiny will be. Josh and Emma are about to find out. (from Penguin)

I loved Jay Asher's Thirteen Reasons Why!! I just read it this year and fell in love with his writing, it was amazing. I'm really looking forward to reading this one and seeing what this will be all about, the synopsis even though it's very short it's quite intriguing. I'm sure it will bring back many memories of the 90's with CD-ROMs and Dial-Up internet, FUN TIMES!!!


2 comments:

  1. I am so excited for this one. I remember when I got my first AOL CD and how long it took for dial up to work. Then, of course, you would get disconnected every five minutes. I love the premise of this book though- can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've only seen this one on a couple of blogs, but already, it sounds fascinating. :) Thirteen Reasons Why is on my TBR pile, so I'm happy I'll get to experience Jay Asher's writing soon. Thank you for sharing, this one is going on the TBR list, too. Happy reading!

    ~DJL

    ReplyDelete

Labels