Mundie Moms

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Thoughtful Thursday- Unwinding


I am literally just getting back from vacation, and what a wonderful time it was. I'm wishing I could go back, it went by way too fast. Thank you to Sophie & Cynthia for taking care of everything while I was away. We went to Pensacola Beach, FL. It was my first time going to beautiful FL, and I couldn't get over how white the beaches are. They're amazing. This picture is one I took when I was walking down to the beach when the sun was just coming up.

This vacation came right at the perfect time. It feels like life has gone in every direction lately and it was nice to just be away from it all, the phone, the computer (for the most part), work, stress etc and just spend time together. It was so rejuvenating! Normally I spend time reading to escape reality for bit, and surprisingly I read very little while we there. Plus we found a deal we couldn't pass up. We went with some friends of ours and ventured on a really fun 13 hr road trip to get there.

My question for you is "What do you do to relax or to just escape the stresses of every day life?" Do you go to your favorite spot and read, do you go on vacation? If so, where do you like to travel to? I've not even been home for more than a few hours and I'm already planning on where we can go next.

*this photo was taken by me*

6 comments:

  1. This is such a beautiful picture. When I want to relax I kick back on our comfy couch with a good book and a glass of wine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My two favorite vacation spots are Seaside, Florida, and Beaver Creek, Colorado. We get away for short weekend trips to our tiny little lake cabin on Lake Martin in Dadeville, Alabama.

    I like to read at night once all work is done. It is the best way to relax before going to bed. We have mandatory quiet time after dinner every evening. We all usually read books or read articles/blogs on the internet.

    I am happy you had such a great time on your vacation!

    xoxoxoxo,
    Ricki Jill

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rhiannon- There's just something about a good book that seems to melt away the worries from the day. I love being out doors in the fall! Have a great time.

    Chris- Thank you! I'm excited for the way it turned out.

    Ricki- Weekend trips are best! Mandatory quiet times are so important. We have them in the afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pensacola Beach, FL! I always go there, it is so beautiful! I was just there July 18 for the week, I miss it so much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a wonderful picture. Hope you had fun. After a long day at work I love to just break away from reality and read a book. Sometimes I'll go to the quiet section of the library to read on the weekends or just sit in my room to read (a daily thing). Vacation time to me though is going to Wisconsin Dells. Something about the history there, I can't place it. Me and my P's used to go there every year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous- Thank you so much. It was a lot of fun. I love going to places where you can learn more about it's history.

    ReplyDelete

Labels