Mundie Moms

Monday, August 22, 2011

Mundane Monday #98


"I thought Jocelyn said her dress wasn't white," Simon said.

"Well," said Jace, "I suppose that ship has sailed."

Luke choked on his coffee. Before he could say- or do- anything, Clary walked back into the room. Her hair was up now, in sparkling pins, with a few curls hanging loose. "I don't know," she was saying as she came closer to them. "Karyn got her hand on me and did my hair, but I'm not sure about the sparkles-"

She broke off as she saw Jace. It was clare from her expression that she hadn't been expecting him either. Her lips parted in surprise, but she said nothing. Jace, in his turn, was staring at her, and for once in his life Simon could read Jace's expression like a book. It was as if everything else in the world had fallen away for Jace but himself and Clary, and he was looking at her with an unconcealed yearning and desire that made Simon feel awkward, as if he had somehow walked in on a private moment.

- City of Fallen Angels, page 102


Image found here

5 comments:

  1. this is so good! simply beautiful what a talent

    ReplyDelete
  2. *sigh* I love that! And what a great picture to go with it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...oh I soooo love these books. Just grabbing that excerpt made me love Jace more:D

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this part!!You just never know what will come out of Jace's mouth. I love how Simon could read Jace at this moment!

    ReplyDelete

Labels