Mundie Moms

Sunday, August 21, 2011

In My Mailbox #86

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by The Story Siren, where bloggers share what books they've received the previous week for review, bought, were gifted, borrowed or swamped. Here's what we received this week:


For Review:

* The Daughter of Smoke & Bone by Laini Taylor, published by Little Brown, to be released on 9/27/11

* The Shattering by Karen Healey, published by Little Brown, to be released on 9/5/11

* The Future of Us by Jay Asher & Carolyn Mackler, published by Razorbill, to be released on 11/21/11

* Ember by Carole Oates, published by Omnific, released on 7/19/11

* Blood, Book 1 of the Mercian Trilogy by K.J. Wignall, published by Egmont USA, to be released on 9/27/11

* Beautiful Days, A Bright Young Things Novel by Anna Godbersen, published Harper Teen, to be released on 9/20/11

* Dead End In Norvelt by Jack Gantos, published by Farrar Straus Girous, to be released on 9/13/11

* Bloodburn, An Other Novel by Karen Kincy, published by Flux, to be released on 9/8/11

* Unforgettable by Loretta Ellsworth, published by Bloomsbury Walker, to be released on 9/27/11

* The Pace by Shelena Shorts, published by Lands Atlantic, released on 9/19/09

* Red by Kait Nolan, self published, released on 8/14/11













Pictured: ( I really need to start doing vlogs so I can just show you guys everything instead doing pictures lol)

Along with the two books from Little Brown, we also received their cute Sergio beach towel, which my kids have already claimed.

Razorbill sent The Future of Us in a really cool Future of Us box.

Lands Atlantic sent The Pace in a box, who's top was a little beat up from the post office, but it has all the information about Selena's series.

I received a ton of awesome Firelight & Vanish postcards from Sophie Jordan (I only have one of each pictured), which I'll be giving away and including in all the giveaways I mail out. Along with the post cards I received a couple Team Draki wristbands, which I'll also be giving away.



Review:

* The Books of Elsewhere, Spell Bound by Jacqueline West, published by Dial Books For Young Readers, released on 7/12/11, signed

* Bye For Now, A Wishers Story by Kathleen Churchyard, Published by Egmont, to be released on 8/23/11

* Vordak The Incomprehensible, Rule the School by Vordak, published by Egmont, to be released on 8/23/11

Gifted:

* Winter girls by Laurie Halse Anderson, UK edition, signed, from Laurie Halse Anderson
* I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have To Kill You by Ally Carter, from Sophie
* Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy by Ally Carter, from Sophie
* Don't Judge a Girl by Her Cover by Ally Carter, from Sophie


Thank you to Little Brown, Omnific, EgmontUSA, Penguin Teen, Harper Teen, Mac Kids, Flux, Karen Kincy, Loretta Ellsworth, Jacqueline West, Laurie Halse Anderson, Sophie and Lands Atlantic for this week's awesome reads.

What goodies did you receive this week?

21 comments:

  1. I love Ally Carter's books, hope you like them too!

    Happy Reading!
    In My Mailbox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, lots of fun books! I'm super excited about The Future Of Us, Daughter of Smoke & Bone and Bright Days. Can't wait to see what you guys think of them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everybody is raving about The Daughter of Smoke & Bone. Can't wait to read it. Enjoy!

    In My Mailbox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gaby- I love Ally's writing and I'm really looking forward to reading this series.

    Lena- I'm so excited to read them and share my reviews with you.

    Safari Poet- Thank you. I can't wait to read it either. I keep hearing great things about it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great batch! :-) I can't wait to read Daughter of Smoke and Bone (though, the new cover makes me go 'huh??' lol) and Ember sounds really good. I love a good angel romance, so I'll definitely be checking that one out. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. HA! I just realized I wrote Bright Days instead of Beautiful Days. Clearly I'm mixing up the first book with the second, lol :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many great reads! Enjoy them all!

    Thanks for stopping by Book Sake.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just started The Future of Us this weekend. It's a bit different, but so far I'm liking it. Enjoy your books!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice IMM! I have Ember too and love Ally Carter's books. :) My IMM: http://bit.ly/mQagjq

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great IMM! I can't eait to read Daughter of Smkoe and Bone, I got Beautiful Days this week too :) Check out My IMM

    Mia @ Gripped into Books

    ReplyDelete
  11. so many books! great IMM! hope you enjoy them all.

    http://forevertonowhere.blogspot.com/2011/08/in-my-mailbox_21.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. DJ- I love a good angel romance as well and I can't wait to read it. I think I like the newest cover for Daughter of Smoke & Bone better than the original ARC. I can't wait to read it.

    Lena- LOL I knew what you meant :)

    Book Sake-Thank you!

    Ginger- I can't wait to read it. We'll have to chat about it when I finish reading it :)

    A Tale of Many Reviews- Thank you! I've heard Ember is really good. I can't wait to dive into it.

    Mia- Thank you!

    Luna- Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You got that LB package too? That towel is soo cute, isn't it?? I got the Future of Us this week as well. Enjoy your books!

    Stop by my IMM

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome! Just seeing what's in your mailbox makes me want to crack down and read more. I've heard amazing things about several of these books already!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, that is a lovely shelf of stuff! I can't wait to read The Future of Us. I've never read anything by Mackler, but Jay Asher's book is one of my favorites. I love the towel---my little guy has run off with mine, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. ooooh!! can't wait for your reviews!!!! enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  17. I loved The Future of Us! Enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great Mailbox!
    Everybody is talking about The Daughter of Smoke and Bones, I should read that too, I guess ;)

    Here is my IMM: http://tinyurl.com/448l7hx
    Nickey @ The Book Shop Assistant

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hafash- Yes, he's cute! I love your IMM!!

    Heather- Thank you. I'm looking forward to reading them.

    Little Miss Becky- Thank you. LOL That's cute your son took your towel too. My kids love the towel.

    Alba- Thank you! I can't wait to share my reviews with you.

    Kelsey- I'm so excited to read it! I'm so glad you liked it.

    Mocha- I do too. :)

    Darling Nickey- Thank you so much! I can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have some of those to read, but wow!! Some great reads there. The Shattering and Blood look great, I have those to read.

    Ember looks interesting. I got Bloodlines yesterday from puiblisher so I am very excited about that:D

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete

Labels