Mundie Moms

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday- The Name of The Star

Published by Putnam
To Be Released on September 29th
The day Louisiana teenager Rory Deveaux arrives in London marks a memorable occasion. For Rory, it's the start of a new life at a London boarding school. But for many, this will be remembered as the day a series of brutal murders broke out across the city, gruesome crimes mimicking the horrific Jack the Ripper events of more than a century ago.

Soon “Rippermania” takes hold of modern-day London, and the police are left with few leads and no witnesses. Except one. Rory spotted the man police believe to be the prime suspect. But she is the only one who saw him. Even her roommate, who was walking with her at the time, didn't notice the mysterious man. So why can only Rory see him? And more urgently, why has Rory become his next target? In this edge-of-your-seat thriller, full of suspense, humor, and romance, Rory will learn the truth about the secret ghost police of London and discover her own shocking abilities (quoted from Goodreads).

I am really looking forward to reading this book! I've heard so much awesome buzz about it. We're big fans of Maureen's writing and I can not wait to jump into Rory's world. Just look at that cover..... That just screams pick me up and dive right into my story.

What book are you waiting to get your hands on?

12 comments:

  1. This question don't have anything to do with this post, but have you ever read any of the Gallagher Girl books by Ally Carter?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We haven't yet, but we're going to. We keep hearing how great that series is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's not really my type of book but I've read this author...so maybe I'll give it a try!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pick, the book sound really interesting. I like thrillers/mysteries (as long as they're not too scary!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pick! I'm really excited for this one. It sounds so good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the voice in this book (very different from 13LBE), and who doesn't love Ripper-mania? ;)

    Giving away an unsigned ARC of this book on my blog at the end of the month. Check it out if you're interested! I'm giving away a !!SIGNED!! CoFA right now, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Forgot to say Clockwork Prince is the one book I wanted to find at ALA, but missed out on it. I've got plenty of others to keep me company until CP's release, though!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can not wait to read this! This will be my first adventure with Maureen and I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow, this sounds really good! I'm pretty content right now. I'm reading Nightspell by Leah Cypess and Hourglass by Myra McEntire is up next.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't wait for this one! It looks so good and interesting!

    Kristina
    http://ladybugstorytime.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Labels