Mundie Moms

Monday, July 18, 2011

Mundane Monday #93

Happy Mundane Monday! I love the last line Simon says to Clary. The first time I read this passage from City of Glass my heart broke a little bit for Simon.


...."I guess I can't help thinking that if I'd known the truth, I wouldn't have met Jace the way I did. I wouldn't have fallen in love with him."

Simon was silent for a moment. "I don't think I've ever heard you say that before."

"That I love him?" She laughed, but it sounded dreary even to her ears. "Seems useless to pretend like I don't, at this point. Maybe it doesn't matter. I probably won't ever see him again, anyway."

"He'll come back."

"Maybe."

"He'll come back," Simon said again. "For you."

- City of Glass, page 367, Clary & Simon
Image found here

4 comments:

  1. Oh it really is a sigh worthy moment, but soon she will learn the truth about her and Jace!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That scene does make my heart break for Simon! Beautiful drawing by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor Simon! *sadface* Although he became quite the little player in City of Fallen Angels ;P

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh this totally breaks my heart for Clary!!! She and Jace have been put through the ringer fighting to be together!!

    ReplyDelete

Labels