Mundie Moms

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Book Review- The Demon's Surrender


Published by Simon & Schuster
Released on June 14th, 2011
Source- ARC from publisher for review
4.5 stars- It's A Great Read

The Goblin Market has always been the centre of Sin's world. She's a dancer and a performer, secure in her place. But now the Market is at war with the magicians, and Sin's place is in danger. Keeping secrets from the market she loves, struggling with a friend who has become a rival, Sin is thrown together with the Ryves brothers, Nick and Alan - whom she's always despised. But Alan has been marked by a magician, to be tortured as the magician pleases, and as Sin watches Alan struggle to protect the demon brother he loves, she begins to see both brothers in a new light. But how far will brother go to save brother - and what will it cost them all?

What a fabulous ending to a captivating series. In true Sarah Rees Brennan style she takes readers on a darker, twisted ride with a lot of action, romance and an ending that wraps up the series perfectly.

Normally when a series ends I dread getting to that last page, because I feel like I'm saying good bye to a good friend. There is so much nonstop action going on through out the book, that I didn't get a second to feel sad. Not only is the ending a perfect fit for the series, but the story line itself flows perfectly. I'll admit, I was a little worried about reading The Demon's Surrender, because I was worried about how series would end, I worried about who Sarah might kill off and I wasn't sure how I'd feel about the story coming from Sin's point of view. Can I just say, there was no reason to to be worried.

I really enjoyed getting to know Sin. She is a an amazingly strong, resilient heroine, who I think a lot of fans of the series will love getting to know. Boy can she dish it to Nick and Alan. I loved it and even laughed out loud a few times at what she would say to them. Like Sin, I've always liked Nick more than Alan, but I ended up liking Alan a lot more in this book. I don't know what it was about him, but I could definitely understand Sin's feelings towards him, both good and bad. The history Sin has with the Ryves brothers comes full circle and I liked the role Mae and Jamie played in the story as well.

In true Sarah fashion, there is also the right amount of romance which always seems to happen in between some of the more intense scenes. She definitely knows how to hold my attention through out her books. One of the things I have admired about the series is how each of the characters continues to grow with each story and how often Sarah surprises me with her plot twists. The Demon's Surrender is no exception. There are some great twists with both the story and the characters that I didn't even see coming. If you've enjoyed reading the rest of the series, wait till you dive back into this world with Nick & Alan. I highly recommend picking this book up today.

2 comments:

  1. OMG, I must get my hands on this book! I must know how it ends!!

    Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hadn't realized the book would be from Sin's POV. I am looking forward to reading it. I can't wait to see what she does with the story. Great review!

    ReplyDelete

Labels