Mundie Moms

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Book Review- Kane Richards Must Die

By Shanice Williams
Published by Lands Atlantic Publishing, LLC
Released on May 12th, 2011
Source- ARC from publisher for review

After an unexpected transfer to the States for her senior year, Suranne's new friends give her just one instruction: stay away from Kane Richards. According to everyone, he's a heartless playboy concerned only for himself. With one glance, it's easy to see why he gets away with it. But things aren't always what they seem- especially when he sets his sights on her and whispers that she's different.

Despite all the red flags, Suranne considers whether or not his intentions are genuine or if she's simply another name on his list. In the process, she may just uncover the real Kane Richards. But, when it comes down to it, the real Kane Richards may not want to be found.

Filled with raw emotion, Kane Richards Must Die explores relationships, trust, love, and what can happen when life takes an unexpected turn (quoted from Goodreads).


I've been looking forward to reading Kane Richards Must Die since reading the premise. What the story offered was something I wasn't excepting. I'm not a huge fan of YA books that are full of sexual context and sex scenes, both of which are through out this book. Even though there were things that turned me off from the book I couldn't stop reading it. I was totally intrigued with Kane Richard's. He is such a broken boy in every sense of the word that I had to know more about him.

I liked Suranne's character. I had sympathy for her when she's forced to leave England while her mom is away on business to go live with her Aunt in America for a few months. Unlike all the other girls in her new high school, Suranne isn't afraid to give Kane a piece of her mind. The two of them had this chemistry were they both despised each other and yet find themselves falling each other, and I really liked that. It made their chemistry feel more realistic, and yes it's a hot one. The other thing I liked in the story was the alternating points of view, which I thought was well done.

Aside from their physical relationship, I really liked seeing how much Kane changed. Shanice did a great job at keeping a realistic feel in her story, both in what the characters deal with, and how they change each other. Kane's story is heartbreaking and I liked seeing how Suranne is able to break down the walls he's built around himself, little by little, slowly revealing who he really is. Kane Richards Must Die deals with some heartbreaking emotional issues, love, friendships and most importantly trust. I would definitely recommend this to older teens. There is a lot of sexual context, sex scenes and language through out the book. I think fans of The Duff will really enjoy picking this book up.

5 comments:

  1. Great review as always. I'll be putting Kane Richards to my TBR list.

    Happy reading and have a great week,
    More of my reviews at A Cupcake and a Latte:YA Reads, Reviews & More!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Mocha. I can't wait to hear what you think of Kane.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh it sounds good! Just added it to my want list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds really good! Thanks for the review. Adding it to my Wish list as I type :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds awesome! I LOVED The Duff and the movie John Tucker Must Die. Definitely adding this on my to-buy list. Great review btw!!!

    ReplyDelete

Labels