Mundie Moms

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Wings Read Along Chapters 19-22

Welcome to Day 6 in our Wings Read Along! If you haven't already, please be sure to download your FREE ebook of Wings from one of these sites here- Today we're discussing chapters 19-22:

Chapter 19- In trouble. Now we know what Barnes is up to. What are your thoughts about this chapter?

Chapter 20- I think this is my favorite chapter out of the book. Not only do we learn what Barnes is and why he wants the land, but I loved learning more about the history and the lore Aprilynne uses for Wings. I'm also team Tamani and I love any scene with him and Laurel. What was your favorite part of the chapter?

Chapters 21 & 22- Tamani, Laurel and David have now all met and are trying to stop Banes from obtaining the signed documents to own the land. Now that you've met both Tamani and David, which character would you like to see Laurel choose? Chapter 22 ends with what appears Tamani getting shot. What do you think is going to happen to Tamani now?

What are you thoughts about Wings over all so far? Tomorrow we'll be wrapping up our read along by talking about chapters 23-25.

2 comments:

  1. Chapter 19. This chapter was scary and nerve racking, if I was Laurel I'd have had a panic attack.

    Chapter 20. My favorite part of this chapter would have to be when they finally went to Tamani, I was waiting for that! He was the only one who could really help them, everything pretty much got out of their hands... I'm on Team Tamani too, I love how much he cares about Laurel and how protective he is over her. But I do like David too, he's incredibly sweet and smart. I really liked the last line, when Tamani said he was not ready to meet David, hahaha, their meeting was another thing I was waiting for!

    Chapters 21 & 22. I want Laurel to choose Tamani! David is wonderful, but I see him as a friend to her, I think Laurel has real chemistry with Tamani, and they are the same species after all.

    I think he's going to get help from the faeries, at least I hope so, I don't want him to die.

    For some reason all of this reminds me of Pocahontas, how weird is that ?

    Overall, I'm in love with this book, I had no idea I was going to like it this much. I enjoy Pike's take on faeries and the amazing characters she has created. Sure, there are things in this novel you can find on other YA titles, but I also feel that it brings a lot the table and it's a fantastic read.

    I hear they are making a movie! I mean, I heard it a while ago, but it makes sense now that I'm reading the book. Disney bought the rights and they cast Miley Cyrus as Laurel. I don't like their choice at all, the Laurel in my mind looks a lot like Saoirse Ronan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chapter 19: This was the best chapter so far. It seems like the pace is picking up now and we really know who the bad guys are.

    Chapter 20: I love the Laurel is finally getting some truth about what is really going on from Tamani.

    Chapter 21 & 22: It is a toss up between Tamani and David for me. I am not really sure which of the two I prefer. I am definitely worried about Tamini's injuries and hope that he will be able to heal from them.

    I am so glad to participate in this read along. This book has been on my TBR for such a long time, and I am glad that I am finally reading it.

    ReplyDelete

Labels