Mundie Moms

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday- Haven

By Kristi Cook
Published by Simon Pulse
To Be Released on February 22nd, 2011

One month into her junior year, sixteen-year-old Violet McKenna transfers to the Winterhaven School in New York’s Hudson Valley, inexplicably drawn to the boarding school with high hopes. Leaving Atlanta behind, she’s looking forward to a fresh start--a new school, and new classmates who will not know her deepest, darkest secret, the one she’s tried to hide all her life: strange, foreboding visions of the future.

But Winterhaven has secrets of its own, secrets that run far deeper than Violet’s. Everyone there--every student, every teacher--has psychic abilities, 'gifts and talents,' they like to call them. Once the initial shock of discovery wears off, Violet realizes that the school is a safe haven for people like her. Soon, Violet has a new circle of friends, a new life, and maybe even a boyfriend--Aidan Gray, perhaps the smartest, hottest guy at Winterhaven.

Only there’s more to Aidan than meets the eye--much, much more. And once she learns the horrible truth, there’s no turning back from her destiny. Their destiny. Together, Violet and Aidan must face a common enemy--if only they can do so without destroying each other first (quoted from Goodreads).

I've heard so many great things about this book and I'm really looking forward to picking it up next week when it releases.

What book are you waiting to get your hangs on?

Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted at Breaking the Spine, and allows us to spotlight a book that we are eagerly awaiting to be released.

4 comments:

  1. I'm hearing so much buzz on this book! Can't wait to read it. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Added this one to my Goodreads, so I'm definitely waiting on it...great WoW choice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jess and Jamie- Thank you! I've heard such great buzz about this book. I wish it was out already. LOL I'm dying to get my hands on it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait for this book! It comes out on my birthday, so I know what I'm getting myself for a birthday present! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete

Labels