Mundie Moms

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Thoughtful Thursday- Getting To Know You, MM's Moderator/Book Reviewer

With the start of the year, I thought it would be the perfect opportunity for you to get to know the Mundie Moms Admin Team & our fantastic moderator/book reviewer. These ladies are truly amazing and I appreciate everything they do to make Mundie Moms what it is, and I'm excited for you to get to know them better.

She's our hard working Book Of The Month/Book Forum Moderator and one of our great Book Reviewers. She's a wonderful friend and I enjoy meeting up with at various central TX author tours and other get togethers. The first time we met in person was a couple years ago when we met Rob Pattinson who was in town to promote his movie How To Be (before Twilight was released). I'd like to introduce you to Cynthia!


How would you describe yourself in 2 sentences or less?
29 year old wife and stay at home mother of two that loves to bake to release stress and finds an escape from life by reading YA fiction. Can also come across as a very quiet person because she's very socially awkward and shy.

Who's your favorite TMI or ID character and why?
Jace all the way!!! Love his sense of humor and his snarky attitude, plus he's hot. =D In the ID series is Tessa, because she's strong and I love that. I haven't been able to pick a team yet between Will and Jem, I love them both.













If you could have any rune, which one would you pick and why?
The Fearless rune, I need that one so I can stop being such a wimp when it comes to talking to people and authors.















If had to choose only one book to take with you somewhere, which book would that be?
Oh man, that's a hard one. I love The Mortal Instruments series but I don't want to pick the same thing Sophie picked so I would take Dash & Lily's Book of Dares because it's soooo funny and it will keep me happy and entertained even if I'm stuck in an island or something like that.

What was your favorite book to read growing up?
I didn't have one favorite book that I kept rereading but I did have a favorite author and it was Stephen King, I used to love reading anything by him when I was in middle school and high school.

What author got your interested in reading?
I think a lot of people already know this about me I mentioned it so many times and constantly tell people about it. Lois Lowry's The Giver was the book that made me fall in love with reading.

If you could spend the day with a fictional character, who would it be and why? (remember this is a family friendly site so you have to keep it clean *coughs*) LOL
I would love to spend the day with Etienne from Anna and the French Kiss in Paris. Because he knows all the good spots and he's just so charming. =)

Aside from reading, what do you enjoy doing on your down time?
I love to bake with my kids and going to the movies, I love movies!

Who's the most memorable author you've met? (I know this is an unfair question. Pick more than one if you'd like)
Wow, this one is hard. I think it was Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl because they were sooo sweet and nice to their fans all three times I met them this last year. Yes! I'm an author stalker. =)

Just for kicks, what boy band music do you secretly still listen to (don't lie)?
Oh man! I actually don't listen to any boy bands anymore but I really want to go to the NKoTB & The Backstreet Boys concert when they go on tour. =/

Thank you so much Cynthia for the fun interview!

6 comments:

  1. Cynthia is a great person and an amazing friend. Great interview!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, a fellow NKOTBSBer! Great interview!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So good to know more about Cynthia!!! I've got to read The Giver!!! And NKOTB/BSB eh??? Love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great interview.
    Here's where we admit to guilty pleasures, huh? Been to every Backstreet Boys' tour since my teen daughters initiated me to them in 2000. So, yes. I have my ticket for the NKOTBSB extravaganza!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cynthia- I so want to go with you! lol

    ReplyDelete

Labels