Mundie Moms

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Our Favorite 2010 Reads- Our All Time Favorite Reads From 2010

This last week we've shared with you our favorite reads from 2010. We broke our lists up into our favorite books from a series, our favorite debut authors, our favorite couples, love triangles & hot scenes, and we also shared with you what 2011 releases we're looking forward to from debut authors and established authors.

Today we're sharing with you what Our Favorite (top picks) Reads From 2010. First, I want to say THANK YOU to the fabulous review team we've had on Mundie Moms the last two years. The review team members have been Carla, Andrea, Heather, Amber, Cynthia, Sophie and myself (Katie).

Here's a picture sample of our favorites (in no order & not all of our favorite books are pictured, see the lists below)-
























































































































Sophie's Top Picks:
  • Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins
  • The Iron Daughter by Julie Kagawa
  • Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare
  • Gone by Lisa McMann
  • Brightly Woven by Alexandra Bracken
  • Nightshade by Andrea Cremer
  • Beautiful Darkness by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl
  • Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins

Katie's Top Picks:
  • Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare
  • Nightshade by Andrea Cremer
  • Queen in Exile by Donna Hatch
  • Beautiful Darkness by Kami Garica & Margaret Stohl
  • Guardian of The Gate by Michelle Zink
  • Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
  • Fire Light by Sophie Jordan
  • Paranormalcy by Kiersten White
  • The Iron Daughter by Julie Kagawa
  • The Dead Tossed Waves by Carrie Ryan
  • White Cat by Holly Black
  • Demon's Covenant by Sarah Rees Brennan
  • Brightly Woven by Alexandra Bracken

Heather's Top Picks:
  • Crescendo by Becca Fitzpatrick
  • Icing on the Cake by Elodia Strain
  • Nightshade by Andrea Cremer
  • Siren by Tricia Rayburn
  • Shadow of the Sun by Laura Kreitzer
  • Deadly Little Lies by Laurie Stolarz
  • Far From You by Lisa Schroeder
  • Infinite Days by Rebecca Maizel
  • Matched and Being Sixteen by Ally Condie
  • Firelight by Sophie Jordan


Amber's Top Picks:
  • Harmonic Feedback - Tara Kelly
  • The Duff - Kody Keplinger
  • Revolution - Jennifer Donnelly
  • Before I Fall - Lauren Oliver
  • The Lonely Hearts Club - Elizabeth Eulberg
  • The Dead Tossed Waves - Carrie Ryan
  • Split- Swati Avasthi
  • Crossing - Andrew Xia Fukuda
  • Sea - Heidi R.Kling
  • The Reckoning(Darkest Powers #3) - Kelly Armstrong


Cynthia's Top Picks:
  • Grace by Elizabeth Scott
  • Tell Me a Secret by Holly Cupala
  • The Body Finder by Kimberly Derting
  • Beautiful Darkness by Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl
  • Nightshade by Andrea Cremer
  • The Iron Daughter by Julie Kagawa
  • Sea by Heidi R. Kling
  • Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver
  • Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins
  • The Clockwork Angel by Cassandran Clare


What are your favorites?

Don't forget to enter our giveaways from this past week! See our side bar to enter our signed swag giveaway, a pre-order for a debut book from 2011, and a pre-order for a 2011 release from an established author.

Thank you to all the authors who have been a part of our site this year! Thank you to their support and to the support from some wonderful publishers who made our giveaways, reviews and interviews possible. We are looking forward to all 2011 has in store!

18 comments:

  1. We share soo many favourites! Mine are Clockwork Angel, Nighshade, Matched, White Cat, Crescendo, Paranormalcy. I also loved Mockingjay and The Necromancer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so hard picking just 10, there were so many great books this year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved all of these books! Must be hard picking just 10 books = D

    ReplyDelete
  4. GREAT choices. I would say Firelight and Clockwork Angel were my favorites out of the list. Here's hoping 2011 brings more great books for us!

    Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These were all fantastic! My favorites from this year were MISTWOOD by Leah Cypess and SHADOW HILLS by Anastasia Hopcus.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lot of these are on my favorites list too. So many great books this year! It's hard not to be excited when you look at a collection like this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not sure why I chose 8 -- I think it was because originally we were going to do Top 5 and I couldn't stop!!! LOL. Love everyone's choices!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. the only 2010 book i've read is Mockingjay and is not listed here...lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved most of the ones mentioned, but I also really, really liked Lunarmorte by Sam Young. My other top picks would be Nightside, Clockwork Angel, Paranormalcy, Fire Light, Hex Hall, Matched and Gone. I'm working on White Cat right now, but the holidays keep getting in the way of my finishing it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You guys have picked out so many great books here. I loved Before I Fall, Anna and the French Kiss, Nightshade and Revolution. Matched was good as well, although not one of my favorites. Oh and I loved Sea. 2010 has indeed been a great year for books!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't read any of the books yet! But I will as soon as I get my hands on them. Such great books I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This list is very similar to mine! There are a few that I have on my shelves, though, that I still haven't read, and I've never heard of Queen in Exile, so I'll have to check that out.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's fun seeing how many of us have similar tastes in books! This list is what our all time favorite reads are from 2010 individually. We've included lists all week long for many of the releases of 2010.

    Cari- Linger was on our lists of Favorites for a series.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cynthia- I know! It was hard choosing 10! Which I cheated and chose more than 10. I couldn't help it. lol

    Honey- Great list of books!

    Addictedtolife- It was so hard! lol

    Kim- Thank you so much and Happy Holidays to you as well!

    Heather- Those were on my list too. In order to not leave any off, we created lists and posted them each day last week so so none of our favs were left off this last week.

    Megarotk- Thank you!

    Megan- I agree!

    Andye- The Queen in Exhile is a great YA/Adult cross over.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The Body Finder and Anna and the French Kiss are two of my favorites this year!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I hadn't heard of Queen in Exile, but now I must read!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Labels