Mundie Moms

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday- Sweetly

By Jackson Pearce
Published by Little Brown
To Be Released June 2011

SWEETLY is a companion book to SISTERS RED, and a retelling of Hansel and Gretel.

Twelve years ago, Gretchen, her twin sister, and her brother went looking for a witch in the forest. They found something. Maybe it was a witch, maybe a monster, they aren’t sure—they were running too fast to tell. Either way, Gretchen’s twin sister was never seen again.

Years later, after being thrown out of their house, Gretchen and Ansel find themselves in Live Oak, South Carolina, a place on the verge of becoming a ghost town. They move in with Sophia Kelly, a young and beautiful chocolatier owner who opens not only her home, but her heart to Gretchen and Ansel.

Yet the witch isn’t gone—it’s here, lurking in the forests of Live Oak, preying on Live Oak girls every year after Sophia Kelly’s infamous chocolate festival. But Gretchen is determined to stop running from witches in the forest, and start fighting back. Alongside Samuel Reynolds, a boy as quick with a gun as he is a sarcastic remark, Gretchen digs deeper into the mystery of not only what the witch is, but how it chooses its victims. Yet the further she investigates, the more she finds herself wondering who the real monster is, and if love can be as deadly as it is beautiful (quoted from Jackson's site here http://tinyurl.com/2ayqzcw).

I really enjoyed Jackson's Sisters Red. I am really anal when it comes to story retellings, but I think Jackson does an amazing job with not only retelling the story, but adding this unique spin to the classic story. I'm really looking forward to reading Sweetly! The cover- how awesome is the cover!?!?! Do you see the face? With this being a picture of the ARCs, I know they can change the cover, but I'm hoping they leave this cover. It's brilliant.

8 comments:

  1. That cover is gorgeous. I didn't think they could top the first one. Can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh I love the cover! I'm looking forward to reading this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The face = creeptastic. Love it. Sisters Red was a wonderful story. I can hardly wait to read more...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I picked this too! Sisters Read was awesome....

    Jen @ I Read Banned Books.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is one of THE BEST covers I have seen in a long time. I didn't even see the face until you pointed it out and I didn't realise the cover had been revealed! I loved Sister's Red and I can't wait to read this one! I know what my WOW post will be next week ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The cover is so creepy and I love it! I still need to read Sisters Red I'm going to get to it this month but I already added this one to my list. =)

    ReplyDelete

Labels