Mundie Moms

Monday, October 25, 2010

Mundane Monday #56

Happy Monday! I don't know about you, but I think Magnus can make anyone's Monday a little bit better.

"We need to talk," she said. "All of us. About what we're going to do now."

"I was going to watch Project Runway," said Jace. "It's on next."

"No you're not," said Magnus. He snapped his fingers and the TV went off, releasing a small puff of smoke as the picture died. "You need to deal with this."

"Suddenly you're interested in solving my problems?"

"I'm interested in getting my apartment back. I'm tired of you cleaning up all the time." Magnus snapped his fingers again, menacingly. "Get up."

"Or you'll be the next one to go up in smoke," said Simon with relish.

"There's no need to clarify my finger snap," said Magnus. "The implication was clear in the snap itself."

"Fine." Jace got up out of the chair. He was barefoot and there was a line of purplish silver skin around his wrist where his injuries where still healing. He look tired, but not as if he were still in pain. "You want a round table meeting, we can have a round table meeting."

"I love round tables," said Magnus brightly. "The suit me so much better than square."

-City of Ashes, page 137

3 comments:

  1. and the coffee from Dean and DeLuca ! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this part! I love both Jace and Magnus so much. They both make my Mondays better.

    ReplyDelete

Labels