Mundie Moms

Friday, September 17, 2010

Smart Chicks Kick It Tour & Freebie Friday

Smart Chicks Kick It Tour- I don't even know where to begin on describing how awesome it was!! Seriously, it was such a blast not only helping Vania out (she was filming and talking pictures), but I was able to visit, have dinner with and hang out with some seriously amazing women! If I could bottle up just a fraction of their awesomeness and give it to everyone, I would. With over 450 people at the Austin signing and over 400 at the Woodlands one, every author stayed and signed for everyone who came to meet them. Not only that, they loved meeting everyone.

1st picture- Cassie, myself, Holly Black.
2nd picture- Holly Black & Cassandra Clare
3rd picture- Holly Black, Cassandra Clare, Kelly Armstrong, Melissa Marr, Alyson Noel.
4th picture- I had so much fun with Cassie, Vania & Holly (Pictures taken by Vania and used with permission)


I absolutely loved helping Cassie out during the tour and meeting so many of her fans. Now I can put faces to names of our followers. WAVES HI to everyone I finally got to meet.

Everyone was so awesome with my daughter at the Woodlands signing. Margie Stohl has a new best friend, and Cassie and Rachel Vincent seemed to enjoy getting the toy flowers my daughter made for them. The polls Cassie and I were talking were a lot of fun. We wanted to know which of her characters was favored the most at each stop. Of course Magnus had the most votes in Austin, and in the Woodlands Jace won. I wish I could have been there for the Houston stop, and I'm looking forward to hearing who won the poll there.













Pictures- Myself, w/ my daughter, Cassandra Clare & Rachel Vincent.
My daughter playing peek a boo with Margie Stohl

Cassie picture taken by Yara and the author one by Vania (used with permission)












I am looking forward to seeing Melissa Marr, Kelly Armstrong, Alyson Noel, Cassandra Clare, Holly Black, Rachel Caine, Margie Stohl, Kami Garcia and Rachel Vincent again. If you have the chance to, stop by the tour. You will not regret it. Not only will you get to meet some fantastic women, but you'll get to meet some amazing bloggers. It's amazing how books can bring so many people together.


Kami & Margie pictures by Vania (used with permission). Girls in the Stacks w/ Jeremy & Jeffery West, myself. No I'm really not that short, and yes they're really that tall. lol










Be sure to visit the Smart Chicks site here http://www.smartchickskickit.com/index.html to find out where they'll be visiting next.
You can see some videos here from the stops http://tinyurl.com/287zs9m There's a snippet of Vania and I talking in the first video and I'm the one who's walking out of the back room at the very end of the second video. I'm the one by Stephanie and Shandra, who are waving.

Here's some of the goodies I received, picked up for gifts and have for giveaways!!

My favorite gift of the tour is my Clockwork Pendant, which is leaning against my Clockwork Angel book in the picture. Thank you so much C!!!

What I'm giving away:

From the Austin stop:
*a SIGNED 5x7 Smart Chicks Kick It Tour poster, SIGNED by Cassandra Clare, Rachel Caine, Melissa Marr, Alyson Noel, Holly Black and Kelly Armstrong. I'm also including two tattoo runes
* 2 Sets of: a SIGNED Cassandra Clare book plate, a signed Rachel Caine book plate and a signed Melissa Marr book mark (one winner per set)

From the Woodlands stop:
* a SIGNED 8x10 Smart Chicks Kick It Tour page signed by Cassandra Clare, Rachel Vincent, Holly Black, Melissa Marr, Alyson Noel, Kelly Armstrong, Kami Garcia and Margie Stohl
* a SIGNED Cassandra Clare book plate and a Beautiful Darkness Poster (not signed)

15 comments:

  1. Looks like you had such an awesome time! Some great pics...and you're daughter's beautiful!!! :-)

    Thanks for the great giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a blast! Thanks for sharing the recap and photos! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like heaps of fun was had by all - photos look terrific, cute one of your daughter:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome! Thanks sooo much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing these pictures, they're fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wish I was you... It must have been an amazing experience to be surrounded by such great women.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So jealous! Wish I could go to one of these tour stops. So many amazing authors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you! It was a blast. I wish I had the space to write about every stop in detail. It would be a huge post if I did that. Really, if you have the chance to go to a stop, DO IT! It's so much fun. I'm totally grateful being able to hang out with the authors before/after the events. They are such amazing women and fantastic people.

    Thank you for the compliments of my daughter. I normally don't share pictures of my kids publicly. She had so much fun and was such a trooper! I normally do not take my kids to stuff like this, but I didn't have any other option. Too bad she's too little to remember how cool it was for her. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. It was so amazing see you there! And your little girl is beautiful!

    Great pictures! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Missie- It was great seeing you there too and thank you. :) Hopefully I'll see you at the Austin Teen Book Festival. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. SO bummed I couldn't make it to Houston. Took hubby to UFC...don't laugh. Would love to win the Woodlands pack.

    ~Jen

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great post and giveaway! Thank you for sharing! :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like it was a blast! I wish I could have been there :(

    ReplyDelete
  14. Jen- Aw, what a great wife you are!! We missed you.

    Giada- Thank you!

    Ani- Yes

    Jessy- Hopefully we'll see you next time :)

    ReplyDelete

Labels