Mundie Moms

Monday, June 7, 2010

Mundane Monday #36

"What you said was true. We don't live or love in a vacuum. There are people around us who care about us who would be hurt, maybe destroyed, if we let ourselves feel what we might want to feel. To be that selfish, it would mean that -- it would mean being like Valentine."

He spoke his father's name with such finality that Clary felt it like a door slamming in her face.

"I'll just be your brother from now on," he said looking at her with a hopeful expectation that she would be pleased, which made her want to scream that he was smashing her heart into pieces and he had to stop. "That's what you wanted, isn't it?"

-City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare, Epilogue, page 451.
-Link to fanart.

8 comments:

  1. This whole scene literally broke me. Where he looks all shocked and excited to see her at the institute and then the conversation. I was in floods of tears, in fact, my eyes are feeling prickly now. Wah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know. I know. Thus, I tweeted it with a *frustrated sigh*. Love this scene. So good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for posting this!! This scened killed me when I first read it! I actually yelled, NO! lol Such a broken boy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great part... I felt a really big pain in my chest too...

    ReplyDelete
  5. KatieB (MMs) -- You're most welcome. Thanks for letting me choose. When I saw this pic -- it was a done deal.

    Helbeldesign -- I know right? I just re-lived it all over again. The pic doesn't help that, does it?? So good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I totally agree this part killed me!! I was so frustrated for both of them, because Clary didn't him to be her brother and just her brother!! So SAD!! I am just glad that he turned out to not be her brother in COG!! I loved the end of COG for that reason!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That scene was so painfully frustrating! It still makes me ache inside just to read that. And the wait until City of Glass was torturous. Thank goodness I secretly love to be tortured by awesome books! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved this scene. It really wrecked me. :(

    ReplyDelete

Labels