Mundie Moms

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Clockwork Angel - June Excerpt

Here's what Cassie tweeted last night:

June Clockwork Angel excerpt up. It's short, and the second to last excerpt I'll be posting before the book is out! No August excerpt, but I think there will be plenty of other excitements is August to keep us all occupied. :)
We are all buzzing around here at Mundie Moms because, well, here's the excerpt from mid-book, Will Herondale and Gabriel Lightwood:

Will went back to scrubbing dried vampire blood off his hands and arms. The task was absorbing enough that he was able to almost completely ignore Gabriel Lightwood when the other boy appeared out of the shadows and sauntered over to Will, a superior smile plastered on his face.

"Nice work in there, Herondale, setting the place on fire," Gabriel observed. "Good thing we were there to clean up after you, or the whole plan would have gone down in flames, along with the shreds of your reputation."

"Are you implying that shreds of my reputation remain intact?" Will demanded with mock horror. "Clearly I have been doing something wrong. Or not doing something wrong, as the case may be." He banged on the side of the carriage. "Thomas! We must away at once to the nearest brothel! I seek scandal and low companionship."

Thomas snorted and muttered something that sounded like "bosh," which Will ignored.

Gabriel’s face darkened. "Is there anything that isn’t a joke to you?"

"Nothing that comes to mind."

"You know," Gabriel said, "there was a time I thought we could be friends, Will."

"There was a time I thought I was a ferret," Will said, "but that turned out to be the opium haze. Did you know it had that effect? Because I didn’t."


Oh Will, you with the snarky comebacks. You sound a little familiar to us! August 31st cannot come fast enough! Can it? Have you pre-ordered your copy of Clockwork Angel, yet?

10 comments:

  1. lol, I love Will already.. He's hilarious. =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess it runs in the family. :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes, Will! I didn't think I'd love another character as much as Jace. The snark definitely runs in the family. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love Will's snark. So so so perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I already love this book and I've only read a couple excerpts! I am going to be stalking my UPS driver come August 31st!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dawn, LOL, I've already warned our poor book sellers at B&N that if they want to open at 12:01 am, I'd be there...just sayin'.

    I wasn't convincing enough apparently. They do open at 9 am and they said they fully expect to see me there at 8:59 a.m.. Ah, the life of a Mundie Mom!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow. I am dying to read this book and that only turned my from hungry to voracious!!! Thanks for the fix!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ferrets!!! Can't wait to read Clockwork Angel!

    ReplyDelete

Labels