Mundie Moms

Monday, May 10, 2010

New Cassandra Clare Interview - Shelf.Awareness.com

Cassie tweeted a new interview she did with shelf.awareness.com just a few minutes ago. Here's an excerpt where she talks about the setting of The Infernal Devices:

Q. Victorian-era London is quite a change from modern Manhattan.

A. I believe that all cities have a shadow self. [In Mortal Instruments,] I tried to use a lot of locations in Manhattan that were abandoned and no longer have a purpose. I lived in London for several years when I was growing up, and it's the city I know second-best to Manhattan. There are so many wonderful locations in London where there used to be something amazing in a spot that no longer exists, but some echo of it remains. That in particular interests me. There's a cemetery called the Cross Bones Graveyard across London Bridge where they buried prostitutes and single women in the 17th century, and it was razed in the early 1900s. Between two warehouses there's a chain-link fence with notes to the women who once were buried there. It says this was the resting place of the "unconsecrated dead."

I know I'm being redundant when I say that we CANNOT wait for the release of The Clockwork Angel on August 31st but in the mean time, you can read the rest of the interview here.

2 comments:

  1. In every interview she reveals a little more about the series! i just can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how she keeps teasing us. Is it August yet?!

    ReplyDelete

Labels